Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Restaurants & Bars / Re: El Mexicano to Close on May 20
« Last post by angryuser on Yesterday at 11:10 am »
We had one last lunch there Saturday. Going to miss them.
Restaurants & Bars / Re: El Mexicano to Close on May 20
« Last post by andrew on Yesterday at 09:36 am »
El Mexicano went out in style, bringing in a Mariachi band for their last night.

EAV Properties / Re: 1358 Glenwood: "EAV Supermarket"
« Last post by georgian on Yesterday at 08:20 am »
I wish we could do something like http://www.westviewgrocery.com here. Local residents formed an LLC and took over a space that had been a small Kroger in the 1940s.
In light of an apathetic owner and the price of available commercial real estate space in EAV, I would not hold my breath.
EAV Properties / Re: 1358 Glenwood: "EAV Supermarket"
« Last post by AmandaC on Yesterday at 02:47 am »
I wish we could do something like http://www.westviewgrocery.com here. Local residents formed an LLC and took over a space that had been a small Kroger in the 1940s.
Technology / Re: Need help hooking up a 3 zone Onkyo Receiver
« Last post by micki mouse on May 19, 2018, 11:25 am »
I'm glad you got yours fixed too. Yes I did, I called Onkyo and they walked me through it. Super easy fix.
Residential Development / Re: Historic home for sale in EAV
« Last post by mongo on May 18, 2018, 11:38 am »
When you bought the house, was it already renovated or did you do it yourself?  If you renovated it, can I ask who you hired to do the work?

We are about to embark on a long delayed renovation of our house on Brownwood and after looking at your listing photos, my wife and I both agree that if our house turned as well as yours, we'd be ecstatic.

Technology / Re: Need help hooking up a 3 zone Onkyo Receiver
« Last post by mongo on May 18, 2018, 10:48 am »
I just had the same issue with a three zone Onkyo receiver that is at my mom's house. We had the same warranty problem and had to replace the unit.
 It took me a lot of trial and error, but I was able to figure it out.  I realize this is SUPER late, but did you get your problem fixed?
Technology / Re: Google Fiber...finally coming to ATL?
« Last post by J. Grouchy on May 16, 2018, 09:14 am »
Fuck'em. 5G is almost here anyway.
It's going to be a while, and I doubt we'll see it soon. 5G requires hundreds of small cell sites to be effective, so it will be first built around high density environments like football stadiums, high-rises, etc. Think of it more as an evolution of WiFi hotspots.

Yes, well...seems like it'll still beat out Google Fiber.
At this rate, the imaginary BeltLine Rail will be circling Atlanta before Fiber ever gets connected in a single house.
« Last post by jasonw on May 16, 2018, 07:31 am »
It's going to be a while, and I doubt we'll see it soon. 5G requires hundreds of small cell sites to be effective, so it will be first built around high density environments like football stadiums, high-rises, etc. Think of it more as an evolution of WiFi hotspots.
« Last post by Andreas on May 15, 2018, 10:36 pm »

I'm holding out for the 6s.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10