Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Service Providers / Re: Fridge Repair Recommendation?
« Last post by angryuser on August 15, 2017, 09:42 am »
Well, you owe me a $1. But since you were so helpful, and your advice was good, I should pay you a $1!!

Turns out that the motor or fan was frozen. I hadn't let it defrost long enough. I plugged it in last night as a last chance, "please God let it work" effort, and it works!!!  YEAH!! Lesson learned: vacuum underneath more often. Dog hair is an enemy of appliances! LOL.

Thank you for responding and for the advice!

ha! Glad it's working.  :)
And, for purposes of troubleshooting, a frozen fan sure does act a lot like a broken fan.  ;)
So you're saying it was iced up? As in, physically unable to move because coated in a block of ice?
« Last post by gypsiewriter on August 15, 2017, 06:27 am »
Well, you owe me a $1. But since you were so helpful, and your advice was good, I should pay you a $1!!

Turns out that the motor or fan was frozen. I hadn't let it defrost long enough. I plugged it in last night as a last chance, "please God let it work" effort, and it works!!!  YEAH!! Lesson learned: vacuum underneath more often. Dog hair is an enemy of appliances! LOL.

Thank you for responding and for the advice!
Life in East Atlanta / Re: Bridge: Gresham Ave./Happy Valley Trail
« Last post by andrew on August 14, 2017, 07:54 am »
My dog is reluctant to step over as well, though I do have to admit, since a few planks have gone missing, it's been nice not having the motorbikes fly down the hill and over the bridge at all hours of the day.
« Last post by 54 Pontiac on August 13, 2017, 08:31 pm »
Thanks for calling the county. My dog won't go over that gap but I'm too lazy to call, apparently. I have seen the county mowing around it, so they apparently know about it and maintain it.
« Last post by angryuser on August 13, 2017, 07:11 pm »
Can anyone recommend someone to diagnose and repair a fridge?  The fridge isn't cooling even though the freezer is cold. I've vacuumed the coils, double-checked fridge had a clear air path from freezer, changed the settings, and i'm now defrosting - the top 4 online trouble-shooting tips.

Thanks.

I would bet (like, a dollar) that the fan is broken. Had that happen to mine once. It's what blows the cold air down from the freezer to the fridge portion. Fairly easy fix.

For parts:
https://www.repairclinic.com/
« Last post by Madidi on August 13, 2017, 06:38 pm »
Thanks! Guess I will call the County.
Service Providers / Fridge Repair Recommendation?
« Last post by gypsiewriter on August 13, 2017, 06:05 pm »
Can anyone recommend someone to diagnose and repair a fridge?  The fridge isn't cooling even though the freezer is cold. I've vacuumed the coils, double-checked fridge had a clear air path from freezer, changed the settings, and i'm now defrosting - the top 4 online trouble-shooting tips.

Thanks.
« Last post by hfranks on August 12, 2017, 11:10 am »
It's a Dekalb County resource, but I don't know about the maintenance. In the past, when the planks have rotted, Lauren Janis (Big Daddy Biscuits) has called UniD about repairs.
Life in East Atlanta / Bridge: Gresham Ave./Happy Valley Trail
« Last post by Madidi on August 12, 2017, 10:59 am »
Is anyone familiar with the bridge over the creek connecting Gresham Ave. with Happy Vally Trail (end of Brownwood)? It is in pretty rough shape these days. I would like to rehab it, but have no idea if someone owns it or if it is just kind of there. If you know anything, I would appreciate you passing the information along. Thanks!
Off-Leash / Re: Bad Joke Friday
« Last post by georgian on August 11, 2017, 05:25 pm »
MY LAST TRIP TO COSTCO

Yesterday I was at Costco buying a large bag of Purina Dog Chow for my dog, Necco, who weighs 192#.
I was in line when a woman behind me asked if I had a dog. Well, I am known for my smart mouth, so I told her that no, I did not have a dog, but was trying the Purina Diet again. I added that I probably shouldn't because I ended up in the hospital last time, but that I had lost 50# before I awakened in the intensive care unit with tubes coming out of most of my orifices and IVs in both arms.
I told her that it is, essentially, a perfect diet and the way it works is you just load up your jacket pockets with Purina nuggets and simply eat one or two every time you get hungry. The food is nutritionally complete so it works well and I was going to try it again.
(I have to mention that at this point everyone in line was enjoying the story.)
Horrified, she asked if I ended up in intensive care because the dog food poisoned me.
I told her, no, I stopped to pee on a fire hydrant and a car hit me!
I thought the guy behind her was going to have a heart attack he was laughing so hard!
Well, you guessed it, I am now banned from the Morrow, GA Costco store!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10