Author Topic: Twenty's 10 year anniversary.  (Read 1007 times)

Offline hfranks

• tosspot
  • EAV Insiders
  • Human
  • Last Login:
    Yesterday at 12:17 pm
Twenty's 10 year anniversary.
« on: October 11, 2016, 12:53 pm »
I forgot my dog's 10 year anniversary on Friday, Oct 7th.   |@|

Here's her back story
Explosive force does not vector that way, and never will be able to, even with crazy secret-squirrel .gov black ops alien technology. ~ ES

Offline Brandy

• Human
  • Last Login:
    Today at 02:31 pm
Re: Twenty's 10 year anniversary.
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2016, 12:57 pm »
I forgot my dog's 10 year anniversary on Friday, Oct 7th.   |@|

Here's her back story

<3

Offline n hen

• EAV Insiders
  • Human
  • Last Login:
    Yesterday at 09:37 pm
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2016, 01:55 pm »
Continues to be the best story ever.  You both got lucky on that final day!
It doesn't take a committee.  It just takes one person.

Offline mellamur

• EAV Insiders
  • Human
  • Last Login:
    November 14, 2017, 01:59 pm
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2016, 07:48 am »
 |@| <3 <3 <3

Offline georgian

• Human
  • Sure, trust the govt...just ask a Native American!
  • Last Login:
    Today at 12:45 pm
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2016, 08:09 am »
 :)% :banana: ~!~

Offline vigodas-pants

• EAV Insiders
  • Human
  • Last Login:
    November 18, 2017, 03:05 pm
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2016, 12:22 pm »
That is so awesome.  Loved reading the tales of Twenty.  I didn't know the backstory since it all happened the year before moving here.  Have to love the Buzz for being able to dig up such an awesome piece of EAV lore.
"...I once wrestled a pig named Martha." -MRice

Offline n hen

• EAV Insiders
  • Human
  • Last Login:
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2016, 03:21 pm »
Where's the part about the day she followed you home?

Offline HelenB

• Human
  • Last Login:
    November 20, 2017, 02:05 pm
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2016, 02:55 am »
Happy rescue day Twinklers!!!  I remember all the days of trying to do doggie recon with treats, leashes, food, etc.  She is a lucky dog to have found such a good home!
Don't let nobody steal your joy!!!

Offline ratpack

• EAV Insiders
  • Human
  • Last Login:
    November 06, 2017, 07:45 am
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2016, 10:14 am »
Congrats to you both!

Yoiks! And away! Yoiks... and awa-ayy! Yo-iks... and away...

Offline hfranks

• tosspot
  • EAV Insiders
  • Human
  • Last Login:
    Yesterday at 12:17 pm
« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2016, 10:35 am »
Where's the part about the day she followed you home?

That was a separate thread.
Explosive force does not vector that way, and never will be able to, even with crazy secret-squirrel .gov black ops alien technology. ~ ES

Offline Meredith

• EAV Insiders
  • Human
  • Last Login:
    November 17, 2017, 07:37 am
« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2016, 10:57 am »
I remember so well... she's a beautiful dog. One time she nipped me on the butt.  <:)~
First rule: "If you haven't called someone your self or they have notified you then Do not trust them! They are dishonest and a scam!"- Denise

Offline Shamamama

• EAV Insiders
  • Human
    • Michelle Newcome
  • Last Login:
    April 05, 2017, 10:39 pm
« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2016, 07:48 am »
One of my favorite stories ever.  <3

Offline n hen

• EAV Insiders
  • Human
  • Last Login:
« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2016, 05:13 pm »
and the rest of the story:

You're getting the long and tedious version, so pop a beer and read -
We walked to see 20 this morning around 9ish. We hung out and just followed her around the area. She showed us her favorite dumpsters and where the kittens hang out. A cat appeared down the driveway and she ran after it, showing off her youthful vigor. I was meeting a friend at my house so we started to walk away. 20 quickly followed us. She usually loses interest around Faith, but this time she waited for the green walk light (I swear) and crossed over. We trotted down Moreland for a bit and when we reached Glenwood, she hesitated. A couple stopped and offered help. Of course she wouldn't come to any of us, so we headed back north again and were in the Fish Supreme lot when Shiek -B- pulled up. We put my dogs in Brad's truck and tried to coax 20 into the backseat with them. She was interested, but not enough to commit. We followed her around the lot, Brad left and I started south on Moreland at a trot. The light changed to cross Moreland and with 20 behind us, we ran across the street. 20 paused at Rubber Man Tire, then followed us onto Glenwood. She took a detour through the lot at Brannen Tower. I thought if I could reach the back of Park Pet, maybe she'd follow and I could get help. After wandering around behind the shop, into and out of the High School yard, 20 headed out to Flat Shoals around the old library. She crossed the street and cruised the EARL lot. While she was there, I ran into Park Pet. At this point, I had a small emotional breakdown  :-[  and one of the woman thought I had been attacked by the dog. I was so overjoyed that 20 had followed me that far and was afraid she'd run away. I don't know her name, but the woman with the straight auburn hair and glasses came out with a lead and we followed 20 to the side lot and hung out. In a sense of adventure, 20 went back to the high school yard. I let Pepper and Katie run around off leash and they chased each other and rolled in the high weeds (can you say Inman Park Properties?). Now, covered in hitch-hikers (?) I leashed my dogs and started trotting to Glenwood. 20 came after us, pausing for traffic in front of Wachovia. Running now, we went down Joseph, through Brownwood Park, made a left on Ormewood and she just kept following us. I called ahead and my friend had the garage door open. The dogs all ran in, with a brief arm waving and yelling, 20 followed Pepper and Katie out the back door of the garage and into her new yard. Whew! I guess she wanted to live with me afterall. Everyone's been fed and are sleeping out on the deck. I brushed Pepper and Katie, but 20 isn't thrilled about that much contact yet. She has allowed a good head rubbing and ear scratching. I'll post some pics later, the camera battery is charging and I need to eat. Thanks again for everyone's help on our journey.

Offline Go Sox!

• EAV Insiders
  • Human
  • Spider Face
  • Last Login:
    August 29, 2017, 02:53 pm
« Reply #13 on: October 16, 2016, 10:28 am »
This brought me back!  <3
Hope your footing always stays in the road and you don't fall in the road!   -- Denise