Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Residential Development / Re: Permit help for outdoor structure
« Last post by georgian on Yesterday at 11:11 am »
Persephone, shoot Andy Schneggenburger, EACA LUZ Chair, a line at: landuse@eaca.net
He should be able to help you with your question and provide valuable guidance.
« Last post by Brandy on Yesterday at 10:00 am »
Persephone, I just found this old thread.  No real answer, I guess, to your question.  I'm still searching, because I want to build a shed soon, too.

http://www.eavbuzz.net/forum/index.php?topic=28938.15
« Last post by persephone on August 19, 2017, 09:23 pm »
City of Atlanta

I went through the permits page and didn't see something that fit what I am trying to do. It isn't an addition to the house it is a free standing structure.

I also don't see where you are supposed to get the fence permit.

I was looking here, https://www.atlantaga.gov/government/departments/planning-community-development/office-of-buildings/permits .
EAV Properties / Re: 1358 Glenwood: "EAV Supermarket"
« Last post by MRice on August 18, 2017, 09:40 pm »
I hope they check the legal papers more carefully than they edit the listing.
EAV Properties / 1358 Glenwood: "EAV Supermarket"
« Last post by vigodas-pants on August 18, 2017, 05:21 pm »
It's being marketed for $650k and also mentions the future condos going in across the street.
http://www.loopnet.com/Listing/20465245/1358-Glenwood-Ave-SE-Atlanta-GA/

Description
Extremely rare market opportunity in the heart of the East Atlanta Village. Prime commercial corner lot with attached parking. Broad use with C1 zoning. Operate as convenience store or re-launch as deli, office space, bakery etc. What does East Atlanta need? Do you due diligence and use your imagination. These opportunities don't come up often. Building is being sold AS IS.

Do not approach current operators. Appointment with agent only. Only building is being sold though some equipment may be remain. Call agent for all details. Offers on GAR commercial forms preferred.

FEATURES
* In the heart of East Atlanta Village Large condo project across the street coming soon.
* One of the hottest neighborhoods in Atlanta and the Country
* Rare opportunity with attached parking
* Possible assemblage available
* Billboard on site.
Residential Development / Re: 770 Shadowridge (again) this time for realz
« Last post by pencilicon on August 18, 2017, 01:10 pm »
If only we knew of someone with huge amounts of inherited wealth that could make a goodwill gesture to the neighborhood and offer to buy them out...

Or a civic institution with a commitment to urban greenspace...

if only some person or organization would help out such a worthy cause!  :angel:
EAV Businesses / Re: Emerald City Bagels Opening in Gravity Pub Space
« Last post by georgian on August 17, 2017, 06:14 pm »
In a related observation, there seems to be SOME movement on the realignment of Glenwood as the underground utility people have been busy marking the underground cables/pipes in the Glenwood-Moreland area. The overhead line people have been surveying and taking photos, also. Maybe this will become a reality and, if so, there should be an increase in bicycle traffic from Bill Kennedy (The Beltline) to Patterson.
EAV Businesses / Re: Emerald City Bagels Opening in Gravity Pub Space
« Last post by Jake Jackson on August 17, 2017, 04:08 pm »
I hope they're not making a mistake by making it mainly take-out. The parking situation isn't wonderful on Glenwood right there--catch as catch can--so they'll be hoping for people walking or biking and carrying their takeout home.
Service Providers / Re: Fridge Repair Recommendation?
« Last post by angryuser on August 15, 2017, 09:42 am »
Well, you owe me a $1. But since you were so helpful, and your advice was good, I should pay you a $1!!

Turns out that the motor or fan was frozen. I hadn't let it defrost long enough. I plugged it in last night as a last chance, "please God let it work" effort, and it works!!!  YEAH!! Lesson learned: vacuum underneath more often. Dog hair is an enemy of appliances! LOL.

Thank you for responding and for the advice!

ha! Glad it's working.  :)
And, for purposes of troubleshooting, a frozen fan sure does act a lot like a broken fan.  ;)
So you're saying it was iced up? As in, physically unable to move because coated in a block of ice?
Service Providers / Re: Fridge Repair Recommendation?
« Last post by gypsiewriter on August 15, 2017, 06:27 am »
Well, you owe me a $1. But since you were so helpful, and your advice was good, I should pay you a $1!!

Turns out that the motor or fan was frozen. I hadn't let it defrost long enough. I plugged it in last night as a last chance, "please God let it work" effort, and it works!!!  YEAH!! Lesson learned: vacuum underneath more often. Dog hair is an enemy of appliances! LOL.

Thank you for responding and for the advice!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10