Recent Posts

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10
Restaurants & Bars / Tomatillos Closing
« Last post by Dave2PVD on February 12, 2018, 02:49 pm »
From Margaret:

"It is with much bittersweetness that I post this message. Tomatillos will be closing March 11. What was a former bank and eyesore in our Village, my family had the great fortune to purchase the building and transform it into the neighborhood staple it has become over the past seven years.
It has been a great run with many challenges. I have the best Staff in the City - we are a big family! - and I could not be more proud of the great food we serve and the great people I have had the blessing to work alongside with, not to mention the many Vendors, neighbors and customers I have gotten to know and love.
On April 1, the talented Corrina Martinez, former Owner/Operator of Blu Cantina will reopen as Mexicalli Rose!
You’ll still see familiar faces there and experience a similar cuisine.
Great news and a great new, exciting addition to EAV!
I hope to see many of you over the next four weeks. Thank you for you patronage, friendship and support during this great ride."
1+ for a vegetarian restaurant. Not sure that it would need to be exclusively vegan, however. It might offer vegan options?
EAV Businesses / Re: Yet-to-be-named restaurant to open in old MSR space
« Last post by Eurotrash on February 10, 2018, 06:42 am »
Late spring opening=a little optimistic.  Although it could be possible given that everything is already in place.  Either way I'm looking forward to it. 
« Last post by Andreas on February 10, 2018, 01:26 am »
HAHA!!  Banshee has been my nickname since I was in the 8th grade!!!

May want to change your passwords ;)
« Last post by HelenB on February 09, 2018, 09:44 pm »
HAHA!!  Banshee has been my nickname since I was in the 8th grade!!!
« Last post by katherine77 on February 09, 2018, 01:55 pm »
Well, it's not as good as Schism, but Banshee will have to do.

https://atlanta.eater.com/2018/2/9/16993774/east-atlanta-restaurant-named-banshee
....except that it was once a golf course?

Pretty close to a park, right?

Let's throw a disc-golf basket in there, it's a park!
....except that it was once a golf course?

Pretty close to a park, right?
EAV Businesses / Re: East Atlanta Barbell Club to open in former Brother Moto space
« Last post by hfranks on February 08, 2018, 08:50 pm »
That's right! The owner of The Flatiron only owns the bottom and top floor (Previous home of 13 Roses Tattoos).

Dave Bishop owns the Flatiron building.  The former Burglar Bar and the attached businesses are separate properties.
I agree---there's not much room for a traffic circle there, especially with the streetcars coming through that intersection. Which will create more problems on Bill Kennedy. The new Madison Yards project will apparently be required to leave some room for the beltway and thus the streetcars, but once the streecars pass over I-20 heading south, they will have to share a lane with cars on Bill Kennedy Way itself. The buildings are already close to the street, so there's just no room to cut out a separate lane for the streetcars.

Of course, it will be several years before we see a streetcar in what some wag chose to call "Glenwood Park," and I'm looking forward to riding. Despite the traffic along Bill Kennedy, since the stop on Glenwood will be within hiking distance of EAV, we'll be able to reach Marta Stations, the Fox, and the High Museum without having to drive. We may need wheelchairs by the time it's all finished, but it will be nice...

That wag is Charles Brewer of Mindspring.  Got paid when Earthlink bought them and bought this.  Turned an industrial site into a pretty darn nice community.

My worry is with the "park" part of the name. Grant Park is called Grant Park because it is a park. There is a playground encircled by houses in Glenwood Park, but no real park.

A little late to be concerned about the name of the Glenwood Park neighborhood...about 12 or 13 years late.

Point me to where the park is in Ormewood Park.

Good point. Not sure why Ormewood Park is called by that name. As far as I can determine, there was never a park there, either. An attempt to make it an appealing-sounding area, I suppose.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10