Author Topic: Best Kid friendly  (Read 2404 times)

Offline BalancedFitLife

• Human
  • Last Login:
    April 08, 2018, 02:30 pm
Best Kid friendly
« on: March 17, 2015, 07:25 am »
anyone have suggestion on nice place for kids and eat day or time to take them.  Was thinking Argosy, but didn't know if there was smoking or not, thanks.

Offline JBB

• historic facial hair
  • EAV Insiders
  • Human
  • Last Login:
    Yesterday at 10:56 am
Re: Best Kid friendly
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2015, 08:14 am »
Argosy is good... inside is nonsmoking. No kids menu, but that should be a good thing.
"I'll try the foot long hot dogs." -Denise

Offline Beer Snob

• EVA's official bad spellor
  • EAV Insiders
  • Human
  • beer, the oldest of the inebriators.
    • My TV show
  • Last Login:
    April 18, 2018, 07:24 pm
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2015, 08:42 am »
Grant Central, what kid doesn't like pizza?
Elder Tree seems to host a fair amount at times.
Does Flat Iron allow them now they are non smoking?

Holy Taco.

I say this all with out having children.
Taters

Offline soccer6

• I am a Mom. I like to Run.
  • EAV Insiders
  • Human
  • Last Login:
    Today at 07:53 am
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2015, 08:54 am »
Argosy is great for kids.  No kids menu, but they have pizza, hot dogs, hamburgers, and salads.
Midway is another good choice.  Again, no kids menu, but they have hamburgers, veggie corn dogs (my kids have no idea they're veggie; they can't tell the difference), and grilled cheese.  And TATOR TOTS!
Grant Central.  It's pizza and sandwiches.
Tomatillas - quesadilla, tacos, etc.
Urban Cannibals - No kids menu, but they'll tailor anything to your kids needs/wants.  Mine love the crepes and French toast on the weekends. 

I thought kids weren't allowed in Elder Tree anymore?  I know they're not allowed in the Earl and Flat Iron.

We haven't been to Holy Taco in years, so I don't know about the kid situation there.

Not in the Village proper, but both Azio and Spoon are kid friendly, and with Morelli's right there....yum.

Offline Nate (NFN)

• Ha!
  • EAV Insiders
  • Human
  • I am user number 69 on the Buzz.
    • Just my pictures
  • Last Login:
    Yesterday at 07:27 am
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2015, 08:57 am »
Does Flat Iron allow them now they are non smoking?

Nope

Midway Patio (they are allowed inside but the patio is beautiful)
Grant Central
Holy Taco
Urban Cannibals
Argosy
We Suki Suki/Poco Pomodoro
The Elder tree but they didn't want kids at first and it turned me off.
The Argosy

You are not going to find a kids menu in most places in EAV but I would say those places are good. We normally order three meals for the 4 of us and the kids split a plate.

Offline BalancedFitLife

• Human
  • Last Login:
    April 08, 2018, 02:30 pm
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2015, 09:22 am »
These are great suggestions, Argosy may be the one, TATOR TOTS on the menu.  Has anyone tried El Mexican on Moreland, know it is not in EAV but heard some good things.

Offline J. Grouchy

• EAV Insiders
  • Human
  • Last Login:
    Yesterday at 05:05 pm
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2015, 09:45 am »
These are great suggestions, Argosy may be the one, TATOR TOTS on the menu.  Has anyone tried El Mexican on Moreland, know it is not in EAV but heard some good things.

It's good, but not great.  I know folks rave about it, but I don't share their enthusiasm.  It IS better than Mi Barrio, in my opinion.

Tomatillos is a good spot...we were there Sunday and they have a pretty good kid selection on the brunch menu.  Not the typical junk like chicken tenders.

Offline ohmylorelei

• Human
    • LaurelSnyder
  • Last Login:
    July 03, 2017, 10:10 am
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2015, 09:48 am »
El Mexicano is adding a bar, just FYI.

(and we're in the "rave" category.  It's not like Holy Taco or Agave-- not fancy. But for basic Mexican, it's really good, and pretty cheap.)

Can I ask what you get at Tomatillos?  I keep trying, and getting something bland. I feel like I'm ordering wrong. 
xoLaurel

Offline J. Grouchy

• EAV Insiders
  • Human
  • Last Login:
    Yesterday at 05:05 pm
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2015, 10:08 am »

(and we're in the "rave" category.  It's not like Holy Taco or Agave-- not fancy. But for basic Mexican, it's really good, and pretty cheap.)

Can I ask what you get at Tomatillos?  I keep trying, and getting something bland. I feel like I'm ordering wrong.

We ordered off the brunch menu, so not the typical bland stuff. 

Offline Cap'n Ken

• Buzz Overlord
  • Administrator
  • Human
  • Last Login:
    November 04, 2017, 07:18 am
« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2015, 10:31 am »

Tomatillos is definitely someplace you go because it's good kid stuff. Ours love the bean burrito. Overall their food is sort of underwhelming (and I wish they'd go back to counter service - they're not good at waiting tables).
<sig>

Offline RBE

• EAV Insiders
  • Human
  • Last Login:
    March 06, 2017, 12:40 pm
« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2015, 11:00 am »

Tomatillos is definitely someplace you go because it's good kid stuff. Ours love the bean burrito. Overall their food is sort of underwhelming (and I wish they'd go back to counter service - they're not good at waiting tables).

I go between the chicken crack empanadas and the taco salad - have found most other things I've tried to be on the bland side, but those are both delish to me.  My kiddo likes the "Mexican grilled cheese", i.e. cheese-only mini-quesadilla.  It's an easy pleaser for both of us.
I used to be GBC.

Offline gp4

• Human
  • Last Login:
    February 01, 2018, 12:16 pm
« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2015, 11:38 am »
I didn't realize the Elder tree didn't like kids in there.  We take ours there all the time.

Offline andrew

• Human
  • Last Login:
    Yesterday at 05:00 pm
« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2015, 11:48 am »
I didn't realize the Elder tree didn't like kids in there.  We take ours there all the time.

I see kids there a lot as well, but I was under the impression it was only past a certain hour they weren't allowed.  :(~

Offline Cap'n Ken

• Buzz Overlord
  • Administrator
  • Human
  • Last Login:
    November 04, 2017, 07:18 am
« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2015, 12:27 pm »

I see kids there a lot as well, but I was under the impression it was only past a certain hour they weren't allowed.  :(~

Yeah, I think that's how they shook it out - it was over 18 when they opened; then they went to allowing kids before .... sometime or another. There's not really much in the way of stuff our kids dig, so not really a consideration for us.
<sig>

Offline woody

• EAV Insiders
  • Human
  • Last Login:
    March 22, 2018, 04:01 pm
« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2015, 12:49 pm »
I think I saw that kids eat free on Tuesdays at Holy Taco. So either go on Tuesdays or avoid like the plague!