Author Topic: Pink Compound Property Newton and Flat Shoals  (Read 5104 times)

Offline georgian

• Human
  • Sure, trust the govt...just ask a Native American!
  • Last Login:
    Today at 12:45 pm
Re: Pink Compound Property Newton and Flat Shoals
« Reply #30 on: November 23, 2016, 08:28 pm »
They installed the floor joists and raised most of the 1st floor walls today.

Offline georgian

• Human
  • Last Login:
« Reply #31 on: February 24, 2017, 06:34 pm »
Unconfirmed as of yet, but word is that these houses are listing for $600,000 and should be ready by Memorial Day.

Offline Cap'n Ken

• Buzz Overlord
  • Administrator
  • Human
  • Last Login:
    November 04, 2017, 07:18 am
« Reply #32 on: March 01, 2017, 07:42 am »
Unconfirmed as of yet, but word is that these houses are listing for $600,000 and should be ready by Memorial Day.

Seems low. Heck, you can't get into a development up against I-20 outside the city limits for less than $450K these days!
<sig>

Offline georgian

• Human
  • Last Login:
« Reply #33 on: March 01, 2017, 08:05 am »
Maybe this will be the time for the guy that rehabbed the house on the southwest corner of Newton and FS to sell his for the $468k he was asking last year, but didn't get any offers.

Offline angryuser

• EAV Insiders
  • Human
  • Last Login:
    Yesterday at 08:51 am
« Reply #34 on: March 01, 2017, 08:49 am »

Seems low. Heck, you can't get into a development up against I-20 outside the city limits for less than $450K these days!

I drive around these days in a bit of shock looking at how crazy the prices around here are. Who are all these people that can afford this stuff? Where do they come from and what do they do?
I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity but they've always worked for me.

Offline georgian

• Human
  • Last Login:
« Reply #35 on: March 01, 2017, 10:54 am »

I drive around these days in a bit of shock looking at how crazy the prices around here are. Who are all these people that can afford this stuff? Where do they come from and what do they do?
There are a lot of people moving here that work in the IT field, CNN/Turner, CDC, the movie industry, etc. hopefully these houses will attract families which will benefit EAV. Benefits would like include children to our schools and attract a better class of merchants than the nail/beauty/extension salons we have been getting lately. Now, if we can just read Abe Asher's name in the Metro section, we can REALLY develop EAV!

Offline Maru32

• Human
  • Last Login:
    November 22, 2017, 01:26 pm
« Reply #36 on: March 01, 2017, 02:33 pm »

I was thinking the exact same thing.  :(~
The Honey Badger don't care.  The Honey Badger don't give a shit.

Offline Cap'n Ken

• Buzz Overlord
  • Administrator
  • Human
  • Last Login:
    November 04, 2017, 07:18 am
« Reply #37 on: March 01, 2017, 03:12 pm »

They come (I guess) from the places people who used to buy houses in Candler Park or someplace used to come from.

East Atlanta used to be a market where houses were pretty hugely discounted relative to "established" neighborhoods nearby. I wonder how much of that discount gap has been closed.
<sig>

Offline vigodas-pants

• EAV Insiders
  • Human
  • Last Login:
    November 18, 2017, 03:05 pm
« Reply #38 on: March 01, 2017, 03:21 pm »
A combination of being priced out and lack of inventory has buyers venturing outside their preferred areas. Oh, and EAV is awesome.
"...I once wrestled a pig named Martha." -MRice

Offline MRice

• EAV Insiders
  • Human
  • Last Login:
    Yesterday at 06:39 pm
« Reply #39 on: March 01, 2017, 07:34 pm »
I just hope they are all civic-minded and want to volunteer for the Strut and at BPA.
"Shrimp are too eager to leave the sandwich."

Offline Jack

• Human
  • Last Login:
    October 18, 2017, 03:50 am
« Reply #40 on: March 01, 2017, 10:34 pm »
There are a lot of people moving here that work in the IT field, CNN/Turner, CDC, the movie industry, etc.

I work in the IT field, but that doesn't mean I'm gonna drop six hundred grand on a house!  :o

Grumble grumble... at these prices, I should rent my house to one of those rich schmucks and move to West End...

Offline soccer6

• I am a Mom. I like to Run.
  • EAV Insiders
  • Human
  • Last Login:
    Today at 09:30 am
« Reply #41 on: March 01, 2017, 10:44 pm »
There are a lot of people moving here that work in the IT field, CNN/Turner, CDC, the movie industry, etc.

I work in the IT field, but that doesn't mean I'm gonna drop six hundred grand on a house!  :o

Grumble grumble... at these prices, I should rent my house to one of those rich schmucks and move to West End...

I was thinking the same thing!  Er, not the renting thing.

Offline angryuser

• EAV Insiders
  • Human
  • Last Login:
    Yesterday at 08:51 am
« Reply #42 on: March 02, 2017, 12:28 am »

That thought has crossed my mind.
I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity but they've always worked for me.

Offline lore

• EAV Insiders
  • Human
  • Last Login:
    November 17, 2017, 03:38 pm
« Reply #43 on: March 02, 2017, 10:20 am »

There are a lot of people moving here that work in the IT field, CNN/Turner, CDC, the movie industry, etc. hopefully these houses will attract families which will benefit EAV. Benefits would like include children to our schools and attract a better class of merchants than the nail/beauty/extension salons we have been getting lately. Now, if we can just read Abe Asher's name in the Metro section, we can REALLY develop EAV!
There have always been people here in the IT field, who've worked at CNN, etc. I know a lot of people who do, and what a lot of them make and I still can't comprehend any of them covering a 4k mortgage every month. In fact, most of my friends who make very good salaries are either buying on the west side, or are moving to the suburbs because they can't afford to live in town any more.

Offline vigodas-pants

• EAV Insiders
  • Human
  • Last Login:
    November 18, 2017, 03:05 pm
« Reply #44 on: March 02, 2017, 11:15 am »

There have always been people here in the IT field, who've worked at CNN, etc. I know a lot of people who do, and what a lot of them make and I still can't comprehend any of them covering a 4k mortgage every month. In fact, most of my friends who make very good salaries are either buying on the west side, or are moving to the suburbs because they can't afford to live in town any more.

If you've got enough money to put a small down payment on a house, it can make a lot of sense to rent your current place for income and buy in a lower-priced, up and coming neighborhood.  You then get the benefits of additional income in addition to gaining equity in both the rental and your new home.  It's a solid approach a lot of people use.

2/1's in the Village area are going for $1600+ (we rent ours for $1800).  That's potentially hundreds of dollars of monthly income depending on how low your mortgage payment is.  You can refi your current home if the added net rental income offsets the cost of the refi.

I'm more than happy to run numbers for anyone interested in this but if you're awesome, please do your best to stay in the Village  ;)

rob@downscapital.com
"...I once wrestled a pig named Martha." -MRice