Author Topic: EAV Stokeswood (Old Earthshaking Music Building)  (Read 1621 times)

Offline Dale_K

• Human
  • Last Login:
    Yesterday at 08:21 pm
Re: EAV Stokeswood (Old Earthshaking Music Building)
« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2017, 09:58 am »
I know it would never happen, but it would kick so much ass if a brewery they reference in the fifth bullet point would open there.

Wouldn't there be a small matter of having to change the zoning laws in order for this to be accomplished?
I lost my SS card, so I guess I will some day have to get another one. And, no its not 000-00-0001. - Denise

Offline Eurotrash

• Human
  • Last Login:
    Yesterday at 09:14 am
« Reply #16 on: July 14, 2017, 08:17 pm »
Although a brewery or a brewpub may be different from a zoning perspective to a live music establishment or a growler shop.

While we're on the topic, the EAV Supermarket next to me on Patterson changed hands and yet was able to retain its status as one of two beer/wine retail establishments in the village along with Buddy's.  Anyone care to explain that one?  And as to why the dumbass that took it over has not capitalized on that fact...?

Offline georgian

• Human
  • Sure, trust the govt...just ask a Native American!
  • Last Login:
    Yesterday at 09:09 pm
« Reply #17 on: July 15, 2017, 04:52 pm »
Although a brewery or a brewpub may be different from a zoning perspective to a live music establishment or a growler shop.

While we're on the topic, the EAV Supermarket next to me on Patterson changed hands and yet was able to retain its status as one of two beer/wine retail establishments in the village along with Buddy's.  Anyone care to explain that one?  And as to why the dumbass that took it over has not capitalized on that fact...?
Reference the last word of the next to last line of your reply for the answer to your question.

Offline andrew

• Human
  • Last Login:
    Yesterday at 08:25 pm
« Reply #18 on: July 17, 2017, 08:13 am »
I know it would never happen, but it would kick so much ass if a brewery they reference in the fifth bullet point would open there.

Wouldn't there be a small matter of having to change the zoning laws in order for this to be accomplished?

I believe it would have to be rezoned to industrial, hence my never-gonna-happen wishful thinking... but not sure if a brewpub would be subject to those same regulations.

Offline georgian

• Human
  • Sure, trust the govt...just ask a Native American!
  • Last Login:
    Yesterday at 09:09 pm
« Reply #19 on: July 17, 2017, 11:05 am »

I believe it would have to be rezoned to industrial, hence my never-gonna-happen wishful thinking... but not sure if a brewpub would be subject to those same regulations.
I would think it would depend on if. Brewpub has to have a retail packag sale license. If they do, I would think they are too close to East Atlanta Supermarket (?) at Glenwood and Patterson.

Offline TJ1539

• Human
  • Last Login:
    January 19, 2018, 11:08 am
« Reply #20 on: November 01, 2017, 03:53 pm »
Any updates on this property? Thanks!

Offline MRice

• EAV Insiders
  • Human
  • Last Login:
    Yesterday at 11:55 pm
« Reply #21 on: November 01, 2017, 06:56 pm »
My understanding is that the longtime owner hired a property manager but there's no indication anything is to change as far as the building or its current tenants. Messages left with and sent to the property manager were not returned.
"Shrimp are too eager to leave the sandwich."

Offline hfranks

• tosspot
  • EAV Insiders
  • Human
  • Last Login:
    January 10, 2018, 10:26 pm
« Reply #22 on: November 04, 2017, 08:01 am »
My understanding is that the longtime owner hired a property manager but there's no indication anything is to change as far as the building or its current tenants. Messages left with and sent to the property manager were not returned.

Filing a code complaint with the city gets a shitty cover-up of the graffiti.  I'm running out of paint, in case anyone has some leftovers, I prefer bright colors that "pop."
Explosive force does not vector that way, and never will be able to, even with crazy secret-squirrel .gov black ops alien technology. ~ ES

Offline micki mouse

• EAV Insiders
  • Human
  • Last Login:
    January 20, 2018, 10:10 am
« Reply #23 on: November 05, 2017, 10:06 am »
I have two 5 gallons of the paint I think you gave me to repaint the copy center years ago? Come by anytime and get it. We are repainting next week with different colors! Getting a new sign and new look and new machines this month. Upgrade!

Offline Beer Snob

• EVA's official bad spellor
  • EAV Insiders
  • Human
  • beer, the oldest of the inebriators.
    • My TV show
  • Last Login:
    January 20, 2018, 02:05 pm
« Reply #24 on: November 15, 2017, 01:16 pm »
Looking forward to the new look of the copy center!  Will you get rid of the creepy frosted windows??
Taters

Offline micki mouse

• EAV Insiders
  • Human
  • Last Login:
    January 20, 2018, 10:10 am
« Reply #25 on: November 16, 2017, 09:55 am »
Yes! Those too! And new pretty window signage.