Author Topic: Who provides the Water to Unicorpaorated Dekalb County  (Read 1417 times)

Offline Jskimbal

• Human
  • "life's a garden, dig it"
  • Last Login:
    August 29, 2014, 09:07 am
Who provides the Water to Unicorpaorated Dekalb County
« on: June 27, 2014, 11:42 am »
I live off on Willow place, off of Bouldercrest, and am curious who to set up water with. The last owner was set up through city of Atlanta, but I am zoned in Dekalb County. I have yet to receive a bill since moving in this past Feb. so I just wanted to see if anyone had experience with this or what the best route to take may be.

Offline georgian

• Human
  • Sure, trust the govt...just ask a Native American!
  • Last Login:
    Today at 08:44 am
Re: Who provides the Water to Unicorpaorated Dekalb County
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2014, 12:17 pm »
Who collects your garbage?

Offline MissMass

• Human
  • Last Login:
    December 09, 2017, 07:26 pm
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2014, 12:33 pm »
Dekalb County Water & Sewer, 1300 Commerce Dr, Decatur, GA 30030, (404) 378-4475

Offline mickg

• Human
  • Last Login:
    March 13, 2015, 10:12 am
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2014, 12:36 pm »
Warning-  I live in the area and it is Dekalb.  And while the garbage pick up twice a week is awesome, their billing is not as awesome.  About every third billing cycle, they forget to send me a bill and 3 weeks later I get a cut off notice.  I have started noting in my calendar to check with them if I do not receive a bill.

Offline Jorge

• EAV Insiders
  • Human
  • Welcome To "The Jungle"
  • Last Login:
    October 04, 2015, 02:26 pm
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2014, 02:01 pm »
"We send you water. You send us money. Fin"

Dekalb Water

Offline jasonw

• Human
  • Last Login:
    December 11, 2017, 10:24 pm
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2014, 02:03 pm »
Warning-  I live in the area and it is Dekalb.  And while the garbage pick up twice a week is awesome, their billing is not as awesome.  About every third billing cycle, they forget to send me a bill and 3 weeks later I get a cut off notice.  I have started noting in my calendar to check with them if I do not receive a bill.
This has happened to me twice too.  I too now  have a reminder to send them a payment.  However, on the cut-off notice, there was no additional fee or charge, so meh, whatever as long as I'm not out of town.  You can call either City of Atlanta or DeKalb county water, and they can try to look up the address.  CoA seems like they answer their phones much more quickly.

Offline Maru32

• Human
  • Last Login:
    Yesterday at 07:47 am
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2014, 02:13 pm »
This has happened to me twice too.  I too now  have a reminder to send them a payment.  However, on the cut-off notice, there was no additional fee or charge, so meh, whatever as long as I'm not out of town.  You can call either City of Atlanta or DeKalb county water, and they can try to look up the address.  CoA seems like they answer their phones much more quickly.

If don't want to wait you also go online and check or pay your bill too.  You will need your customer ID number.  They disabled the address look up feature

http://www.dekalbwatershed.com/payyourbill.html
The Honey Badger don't care.  The Honey Badger don't give a shit.

Offline jasonw

• Human
  • Last Login:
    December 11, 2017, 10:24 pm
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2014, 03:34 pm »

If don't want to wait you also go online and check or pay your bill too.  You will need your customer ID number.  They disabled the address look up feature

http://www.dekalbwatershed.com/payyourbill.html
Yeah, I have a google reminder set up now a week in advance instead of counting on getting the email from DeKalb.  I log in, check how much it is, and then schedule a payment through my bank (to avoid the "convenience" fee).

Offline Jskimbal

• Human
  • "life's a garden, dig it"
  • Last Login:
    August 29, 2014, 09:07 am
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2014, 08:48 am »
Just an update: officially we are on City of Atlanta water, go figure. Tried to fight to get on dekalb water, but it was an uphill battle that I didn't see them changing. I am pretty sure the new construction on willow place is on Dekalb which is the weird part, but our house has Atlanta Pipes, so we play COA costs.

Offline tremmer

• Human
  • doughboy jaggoff
  • Last Login:
    November 01, 2016, 04:07 pm
« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2014, 09:10 am »
I didn't pay a water bill for over 5 years when I moved into my house.  I figured it was part of my property taxes or something.  Turns out my meter was defective.  Never did get charged for any of it.

Offline denise

• Human
  • Last Login:
    September 18, 2017, 11:02 pm
« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2014, 09:28 am »
Call the city of Atlanta Water then. Tell them about the water problem and also tell them to send you a bill.

Offline hfranks

• tosspot
  • EAV Insiders
  • Human
  • Last Login:
    Yesterday at 08:19 pm
« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2014, 09:57 am »
Call the city of Atlanta Water then. Tell them about the water problem and also tell them to send you a bill.

^ worst advice ever.

Back when CoA privatized the water in the late 90s, I had the privilege of converting from a septic tank to the city sewer (I lived in UniFulton, now Sandy Springs).  I was paying for water but not for sewer.  When they found out they put a lien on my house for the amount due.   
Explosive force does not vector that way, and never will be able to, even with crazy secret-squirrel .gov black ops alien technology. ~ ES