Author Topic: Michael Waters' (stolen?) car stuff dumped on Cecilia Dr.  (Read 1172 times)

Offline viennaguitar

• Human
  • Last Login:
    August 09, 2017, 02:48 pm
We woke up to a big pile of stuff left in the vacant church school lot across the street from us on Cecilia Drive.  Instead of the gross dumped trash we expected, it looked like things ditched from someone's car - mail addressed to Michael Waters, vehicle registration, some possessions in good condition but not immediately valuable.  We guessed it might be from a stolen car, so we called Dekalb PD.  Just putting it out there, in case someone here knows a Mike Waters that is looking for his stuff.

Offline Fawkes

• hateful aging boundary challenged hipster wanna-be pseudo intellectual EAV POS from WV
  • EAV Insiders
  • Human
  • Last Login:
    October 31, 2017, 02:57 pm
Re: Michael Waters' (stolen?) car stuff dumped on Cecilia Dr.
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2015, 10:42 am »
We woke up to a big pile of stuff left in the vacant church school lot across the street from us on Cecilia Drive.  Instead of the gross dumped trash we expected, it looked like things ditched from someone's car - mail addressed to Michael Waters, vehicle registration, some possessions in good condition but not immediately valuable.  We guessed it might be from a stolen car, so we called Dekalb PD.  Just putting it out there, in case someone here knows a Mike Waters that is looking for his stuff.

I guess they had to make room for the stuff they'll steal from houses.   That's right across Brannen from me too. Ugh.
(checks to see that I have shells for the shotgun.. yup. ).
"In a nation ruled by swine, all pigs are upward mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: Not necessarily to Win, but mainly to keep from Losing Completely... " - Hunter S Thompson

Offline andrew

• Human
  • Last Login:
    Today at 11:33 am
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2015, 10:43 am »
Any way to contact/look-him-up based on the address from his mail?

Offline viennaguitar

• Human
  • Last Login:
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2015, 11:07 am »
Any way to contact/look-him-up based on the address from his mail?
My husband was the one who went over there to check on it, so I'm not sure what part of town the address was in.  The police picked up the mail, so hopefully they'll look him up?

Offline Nate (NFN)

• Ha!
  • EAV Insiders
  • Human
  • I am user number 69 on the Buzz.
    • Just my pictures
  • Last Login:
    December 10, 2017, 09:46 pm
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2015, 12:01 pm »
Just a few Mike/Michael Waters on the FB

Offline viennaguitar

• Human
  • Last Login:
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2015, 11:27 am »
The police ended up only taking a few pieces of mail from the massive pile of stuff dumped across from us - we went back to bag it up on Saturday morning, and managed to find a phone number for this guy (along with his passport and papers with his SSN!).  He came and picked it up right away.  It was a healthy reminder to me to not feel like a busybody by poking around when things in the neighborhood look weird...

Not 100% certain, because I wasn't the one that talked to the guy - but I think it was the stolen car mentioned in this thread.  http://www.eavbuzz.net/forum/index.php?topic=43773.0  Lil Chris is just a few blocks from us, so we'll try to keep an eye out for him using the lot as a dumping ground again.