Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
EAV Businesses / Re: Blu Cantina
« Last post by vigodas-pants on Today at 04:04 pm »
I'm going to give them a couple weeks to work out some of the kinks.
Service Providers / Flower Installation
« Last post by CoachBrenda on Today at 03:47 pm »
I'd like help with sprucing up flower pots and possibly a few plantings for spring. Can anyone recommend a local provider? This one isn't a big job.
« Last post by HelenB on Today at 01:46 pm »
I went in opening night. Hung out...and waited...and waited. I was ignored completely I went and got myself a menu looked it over not very impressive so I doubt that I will be back again.
« Last post by Eurotrash on Today at 08:54 am »
Ok so anyone went? 
« Last post by vigodas-pants on April 18, 2018, 04:43 pm »
Looking forward to checking it out.  I think I recall seeing comments from them that it would remain family friendly, so I'd be surprised to see hookahs in there.
« Last post by Eurotrash on April 18, 2018, 03:01 pm »

"Im so excited to continue the legacy of excellent service that Margaret Kaiser brought to East Atlanta with Tomatillos" 

Sucking up to the landlords that not only ripped Bell Street Burritos' biz plan but then proceeded to do a poor execution of the concept suggests my hopes for even a Blue Frog Cantina quality joint might be asking too much. 

« Last post by simpson383 on April 18, 2018, 02:10 pm »
Yeah I'm a bit *** about that... The previous location had hookahs. I don't know yet whether I'd have a problem with my kid going in a place that hookah'd up by night, but I am pretty sure that would run afoul of the "no smoking ever or no kids ever" law.

EAV Businesses / Blu Cantina
« Last post by andrew on April 18, 2018, 01:17 pm »
Eater is reporting Blu Cantina will open tomorrow (4/19), in the old Tomatillos space.

https://atlanta.eater.com/2018/4/18/17251190/blu-cantina-opens-in-east-atlanta

I never visited the old Castleberry Hill location, so I'm not really sure what we're in for, but the article claims it will be "family-friendly by day, adults-only by night."  :o
Residential Development / Re: Stream Buffer Encroachment Comment
« Last post by hfranks on April 15, 2018, 10:08 am »
Some of us adapted this 5 years ago concerning the two huge modern homes on Stokeswood Ave, (790 and 798ish?). It didn't do any good, the builder was able to secure a "hardship" variance granted to the previous owner when no one was building houses in EAV.

Dear officials,
Our home is immediately upstream from the property listed above, and the stream runs
down the north side of our property. We are writing to express concern and disapproval
of the proposed request for an authorized riparian buffer encroachment. Granting this
encroachment could cause flooding on our property and would destroy a valuable
wildlife habitat.
Moreover, it would violate the expressed intent of most of the provisions of the City of
Atlanta Riparian Buffer Ordinance (Chapter 75, Article VII; see Section 74-301
Purposes and intent). The owner is claiming that that this ordinance was not in effect
when she bought the property on 9/1/2000. Please check to see whether there were
any relevant city, county, state, and/or federal ordinances in effect at the time.
This is a perennial stream that contains flowing water 100% of the time. It originates
from a spring about a quarter-mile from this property, and it often carries a very large
volume of water during storms. We are concerned that any alteration to the stream may
cause drainage problems that could affect our property.
The stream diagonally bisects the property of concern, and the property is on very
irregular terrain, most of it well below grade. In order to build houses here, they will
either have to import a large amount of fill dirt, or build the houses on stilts. Piping the
stream under ground would prevent the drainage of run-off.
The property is currently entirely wooded with mature trees. Along with the stream, it
serves as an excellent wildlife habitat. Thank you for your consideration of our
concerns.
Residential Development / Re: Stream Buffer Encroachment Comment
« Last post by ahawes on April 14, 2018, 10:23 pm »
No. 
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10