Author Topic: AJC Reach  (Read 1611 times)

Offline lore

• EAV Insiders
  • Human
  • Last Login:
    November 17, 2017, 03:38 pm
AJC Reach
« on: April 04, 2016, 09:06 pm »
I thought we as a neighborhood were supposed to have been removed from the distribution of this garbage? In addition to the fact that I personally put my address on their don't-litter list. And yet, my street was covered in them today, even the 4 empty houses.
What gives?

Offline MRice

• EAV Insiders
  • Human
  • Last Login:
    Yesterday at 06:53 pm
Re: AJC Reach
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2016, 10:23 pm »
I thought we as a neighborhood were supposed to have been removed from the distribution of this garbage? In addition to the fact that I personally put my address on their don't-litter list. And yet, my street was covered in them today, even the 4 empty houses.
What gives?
EACA provided the AJC with hundreds of addresses within EACA's boundaries and the AJC is still processing those addresses. There was an update in the EACA newsletter a couple of weeks ago.

In my opinion, the AJC is having a koala who works part-time type in all the addresses and in the meantime the delivery people are going crazy with it. We got one thrown in our driveway a few weeks ago after having successfully opted out for ages.
"Shrimp are too eager to leave the sandwich."

Offline Brandy

• Human
  • Last Login:
    April 18, 2018, 08:22 pm

Offline ratpack

• EAV Insiders
  • Human
  • Last Login:
    January 08, 2018, 01:00 pm
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2016, 08:52 am »
For the click averse. For the on-the-go-buzzer without time or desire to read a couple paragraphs, the bold area has what you need.

AJC Reach Update

In mid-January, 2016 an EACA resident asked EACA Board members to consider addressing the distribution of the Atlanta Journal-Constitution (AJC) Reach advertisement circular in East Atlanta.  This advertisement circular has been delivered via drivers depositing them in cellophane bags on properties, irrespective of residents' preferences or the vacancy status of the property.  Oftentimes, these cellophane-wrapped advertisements lay uncollected on property or end up being carried by rain to local run-off collection sites, which can create problems for the already-stressed City of Atlanta Department of Watershed Management.

Board members learned that the Virginia-Highlands Civic Association was successful in their efforts to prevent additional distribution of the Reach publication.  The EACA Beautification Committee asked the EACA membership at the January 12 meeting if they supported EACA attempting similar efforts on behalf of East Atlanta residents, and the effort was supported unanimously.  On January 14, the EACA Beautification Committee notified AJC Reach representatives of the request that distribution of Reach cease within EACA boundaries.  EACA was informed that a list of specific addresses was needed in order to process the request, and the Beautification Committee provided them a list of 3,989 addresses within EACA boundaries on February 8, 2016.

As of March 15, 2016, approximately half of the addresses have been processed, which suggests that the complete list should be processed by April 30, 2016.

If you live within EACA boundaries and continue to receive the AJC Reach as of May 1, 2016, please notify the EACA Beautification Committee via Beautification@eaca.net.   After this time, if you would like to opt-in to receiving the AJC Reach, you may do so by contacting Mary.Brantley@ajc.com.
Yoiks! And away! Yoiks... and awa-ayy! Yo-iks... and away...

Offline lore

• EAV Insiders
  • Human
  • Last Login:
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2016, 10:02 am »
ok thanks. I hadn't gotten one for a month so I thought maybe it was over. I was on their don't deliver list already, not that it ever mattered.

Offline n hen

• EAV Insiders
  • Human
  • Last Login:
    Yesterday at 09:05 pm
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2016, 01:53 pm »
was on the list too and it worked until the last 2 weeks. it seems like they are vomiting all over EAV now
It doesn't take a committee.  It just takes one person.

Offline Brandy

• Human
  • Last Login:
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2016, 03:58 pm »
since I gave them nearly 4,000 addresses and I concur with MRice's vision of their process, I'm trying to remain professional and represent our neighborhood well in the communications to date. 

If we're still being vomited on after May 1, I'll tap into whatever resources necessary to fully address the situation. 

Offline coffee achiever

• Administrator
  • Human
  • yes.
  • Last Login:
    January 12, 2018, 02:18 pm
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2016, 07:09 am »
I wonder if they added the EACA addresses instead of removing them...
We're here for good time, not for a long time. - Fawkes

Offline SFPK

• Sucker for Puppy Kisses
  • EAV Insiders
  • Human
  • Proud Doggy Mama
  • Last Login:
    March 07, 2018, 01:57 pm
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2016, 10:43 am »
I too had been fortunate enough to have them cease littering my yard for a few years...but they are back now!  >:(

Offline lore

• EAV Insiders
  • Human
  • Last Login:
« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2016, 02:37 pm »
I wonder if they added the EACA addresses instead of removing them...

I wouldn't be surprised...

Offline Todd

• Human
  • Last Login:
    Yesterday at 10:28 am
« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2016, 02:45 pm »
AJC is owned by Cox...if the delivery persists after May and one of the TV stations that competes with WSB isn't willing to run a story I say we all mail our Reach to Anne Cox Chambers and let them litter her yard.

Offline dope

• Human
  • Last Login:
    April 18, 2018, 04:52 pm
« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2016, 09:56 pm »
Mine also started after 4 years of being dormant(due to opting out), i've had a 3 mos long battle getting it stopped again. I finally won, including the driver coming to the house and taking a picture of the address.  Hate seeing a kid throw a bag of chips on the ground but boy do i really hate my local paper throwing trash in my yard!   I digress, email these people and cc everyone on this list:
   todd.duncan@ajc.com
Dawn.forman@ajc.com
Mary.Brantley@ajc.com

Tell them to show some responsible corporate citizenship!

Offline lore

• EAV Insiders
  • Human
  • Last Login:
« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2016, 04:49 pm »
AJC is owned by Cox...if the delivery persists after May and one of the TV stations that competes with WSB isn't willing to run a story I say we all mail our Reach to Anne Cox Chambers and let them litter her yard.

Ironically, THAT is considered littering. We have had this discussion before.

Offline Brandy

• Human
  • Last Login:
« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2016, 07:53 am »
Please let me know if you continue to receive the Reach. Thanks!