Author Topic: NO COA Yard Waste pickup for 3 weeks now  (Read 2035 times)

Offline Eurotrash

• Human
  • Last Login:
    Today at 06:46 am
NO COA Yard Waste pickup for 3 weeks now
« on: May 26, 2016, 09:15 am »
Neighbors and I here on Patterson have not had yard waste pickup for 3 weeks now.  Anyone know who to call?

Offline LBurt

• Human
  • Last Login:
    Today at 03:09 pm
Re: NO COA Yard Waste pickup for 3 weeks now
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2016, 09:29 am »
Call 311 or go to http://www.atl311.com/

Offline Eurotrash

• Human
  • Last Login:
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2016, 10:41 am »
Danke,

Called a request in.  Apparently they're behind on yard waste pickup for likely obvious reasons.

Offline lore

• EAV Insiders
  • Human
  • Last Login:
    November 17, 2017, 03:38 pm
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2016, 10:48 am »
They've only been doing ours on bulk pickup day. Not sure if that's because there's so much of it or because they are behind.

Offline Coral Dancer

• Human
  • Last Login:
    January 16, 2018, 09:13 pm
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2016, 08:35 pm »
They said the trucks were needing repair. But this is a LONG time.

Offline Eurotrash

• Human
  • Last Login:
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2016, 08:34 am »
Whatever.  They're the same trucks as the trash and recycling trucks.  Call them.  They came within a few days.

Offline denise

• Human
  • Last Login:
    January 16, 2018, 11:51 am
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2016, 03:36 pm »
My neighbor across the street has had theirs on the curb for several weeks also. They have a lot of bags. I hope it doesn't rain hard.

Offline lore

• EAV Insiders
  • Human
  • Last Login:
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2016, 04:30 pm »
So I was going out of town on Thursday. My trash had still not been picked up, but as I was grabbing last minute supplies, I saw the truck on Clifton. Because my can was full of cat litter, I left it out on the curb, hoping they'd make it down my way.
When I got home Sunday, my can was gone. Just gone. I don't see the cans my neighbors usually leave near the street either, but haven't seen them to ask if theirs were also taken.
Anyone?
Beuhler?
wtf?

Offline debbie

• EAV Insiders
  • Human
  • Last Login:
    January 17, 2018, 05:38 pm
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2016, 04:43 pm »
So I was going out of town on Thursday. My trash had still not been picked up, but as I was grabbing last minute supplies, I saw the truck on Clifton. Because my can was full of cat litter, I left it out on the curb, hoping they'd make it down my way.
When I got home Sunday, my can was gone. Just gone. I don't see the cans my neighbors usually leave near the street either, but haven't seen them to ask if theirs were also taken.
Anyone?
Beuhler?
wtf?
3 Weeks ago the garbage truck pulled up, grabbed our can, crushed it in the truck and kept on going. I was out in the front yard when it happened and they yelled something at me, but I couldn't tell what. I stopped them the next week and they said my can had broken and that I would have a new one in a week. I had it later that day...  Clue had turned the complaint in to the city as well.   :(~

Offline lore

• EAV Insiders
  • Human
  • Last Login:
« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2016, 04:45 pm »
Anyone?
Beuhler?
wtf?
3 Weeks ago the garbage truck pulled up, grabbed our can, crushed it in the truck and kept on going. I was out in the front yard when it happened and they yelled something at me, but I couldn't tell what. I stopped them the next week and they said my can had broken and that I would have a new one in a week. I had it later that day...  Clue had turned the complaint in to the city as well.   :(~
Who did he turn the complaint in to? My can did have a crack in it, but it wasn't that bad.
thanks!

edit: this is what I see for "stolen bin" which seems pretty f*cked up. How do I know if it was stolen or if the city workers took it? Do I just say they took it?

If your bin was stolen, you are responsible for replacement. Both garbage and recycling bins are replaced at a cost of $70.00.
Send check to: Office of Solid Waste Services
68 Mitchell St., Ste. 4800
Atlanta, GA 30303
Include the address and phone number where the new bin is to be delivered.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2016, 04:47 pm by lorelei »

Offline soccer6

• I am a Mom. I like to Run.
  • EAV Insiders
  • Human
  • Last Login:
    Today at 12:00 pm
« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2016, 07:03 pm »
This is what I used when they squished ours - http://www.atl311.com/?page_id=115&atlId=1-3JRED&_crauth=e8d8429cce

Offline lore

• EAV Insiders
  • Human
  • Last Login:
« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2016, 07:16 pm »
thanks y'all. I just acted like they took it with the trash and they're eventually going to send me another one.

Offline debbie

• EAV Insiders
  • Human
  • Last Login:
    January 17, 2018, 05:38 pm
« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2016, 07:36 pm »
thanks y'all. I just acted like they took it with the trash and they're eventually going to send me another one.
Ours was not broken at all before the trash ran that day! 

Offline hfranks

• tosspot
  • EAV Insiders
  • Human
  • Last Login:
    January 10, 2018, 10:26 pm
« Reply #13 on: June 28, 2016, 10:22 am »
When I went out this morning to put the last of the household trash in my herbie curbie (placed at the curb last night) it was full of someone else's bagged trash.  I guess one of my CoA neighbors got sick of waiting and went the UniD route.
Explosive force does not vector that way, and never will be able to, even with crazy secret-squirrel .gov black ops alien technology. ~ ES

Offline Dale_K

• Human
  • Last Login:
    Yesterday at 06:25 pm
« Reply #14 on: June 28, 2016, 10:35 am »
As wacky as this is considering the City has admitted to significant issues, I did 311 requests online for all my services and all were addressed within 2 days. I went 4 weeks with no yard pickup, 2 weeks with no recycling, and a couple days with no trash pickup.

The thing that amazed me is that I saw a truck doing missed yard waste pickup Saturday. it was definitely NOT stopping and picking up all yard waste. Seemed very much targeted to the 311 calls.
I lost my SS card, so I guess I will some day have to get another one. And, no its not 000-00-0001. - Denise