Author Topic: Driveway curb cut requirements  (Read 367 times)

Offline simpson383

• EAV Insiders
  • Human
  • Mrs. Penultimate Man
  • Last Login:
    September 20, 2017, 05:07 pm
Driveway curb cut requirements
« on: February 03, 2017, 04:54 pm »
We just moved into a house with a driveway that is two cars wide at its widest, but only one car width paved down to the street. Do we need any kind of permit to widen the driveway? Or recommendations for who could do such a thing?
Son, I'll give you four cents each for them vanilllla wafers.

Offline Nate (NFN)

• Ha!
  • EAV Insiders
  • Human
  • I am user number 69 on the Buzz.
    • Just my pictures
  • Last Login:
    September 20, 2017, 10:55 am
Re: Driveway curb cut requirements
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2017, 05:10 pm »
You will need a million permits. Seriously. Driveway right now are rough in the city. You need a lane closure permit, a sidewalk closure permit, a driveway permit, sign off from the arborist, etc.

Find a contractor that will pour on a Saturday and do a good job and skip the permit.

I am not a lawyer.

Offline simpson383

• EAV Insiders
  • Human
  • Mrs. Penultimate Man
  • Last Login:
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2017, 10:46 pm »
You will need a million permits. Seriously. Driveway right now are rough in the city. You need a lane closure permit, a sidewalk closure permit, a driveway permit, sign off from the arborist, etc.

Find a contractor that will pour on a Saturday and do a good job and skip the permit.

I am not a lawyer.

Yikes! Noted.

Offline hfranks

• tosspot
  • EAV Insiders
  • Human
  • Last Login:
    September 17, 2017, 12:48 pm
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2017, 08:12 am »
Are in CoA? It may be easier in UniD.

However, if you go Nate's route, tell your worker-bees not to be jerks while they're working.  Nothing will get a faster call to code compliance than a guy driving his truck through someone's yard because he couldn't pull a u-turn, or, dumping old sidewalk slabs into the tree line at the park. 

* or parking your junk cars on the lawn so the Bentley can park in the driveway.

>:O >:O >:O >:O >:O >:O
Explosive force does not vector that way, and never will be able to, even with crazy secret-squirrel .gov black ops alien technology. ~ ES

Offline simpson383

• EAV Insiders
  • Human
  • Mrs. Penultimate Man
  • Last Login:
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2017, 10:41 am »
Are in CoA? It may be easier in UniD.

However, if you go Nate's route, tell your worker-bees not to be jerks while they're working.  Nothing will get a faster call to code compliance than a guy driving his truck through someone's yard because he couldn't pull a u-turn, or, dumping old sidewalk slabs into the tree line at the park. 

* or parking your junk cars on the lawn so the Bentley can park in the driveway.

>:O >:O >:O >:O >:O >:O

We're COA...and good neighbors. That Bentley house is amazing...