Author Topic: Protesting new development OTP  (Read 452 times)

Offline hfranks

• tosspot
  • EAV Insiders
  • Human
  • Last Login:
    September 17, 2017, 12:48 pm
Protesting new development OTP
« on: February 23, 2017, 04:44 pm »
http://www.ajc.com/news/local/roswell-residents-turn-out-masse-protest-new-development/mMdHTto1EUUNwoD4jnevsO/

It doesn't specify how many "en masse" is.

"Eight people spoke against the plan, with one Ridgefield Drive resident arguing it would cram 18 homes on only 13 acres."

Well bless their hearts...

Explosive force does not vector that way, and never will be able to, even with crazy secret-squirrel .gov black ops alien technology. ~ ES

Offline Mr. Man

• EAV Insiders
  • Human
  • Last Login:
    September 19, 2017, 04:08 pm
Re: Protesting new development OTP
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2017, 04:58 pm »
my dad's neighborhood has a subdivision within a subdivision, and while he doesnt have an acre, the second subdivision is significantly different and of obviously lower quality, so it did bring down home values.  The article stated "the development wouldn’t be in line with the character of the established neighborhood" so i do get it a little bit, but also bless their hearts.  i feel like if the houses have the same setbacks and general size and quality it shouldnt matter if their backyards are a little shorter.
Yes, I agree, with that I knew someone close that smoked and went to chewing tobacca. Used a spit can which was yuck, and then the door of his car.~Denise

Offline Meredith

• EAV Insiders
  • Human
  • Last Login:
    September 18, 2017, 06:07 pm
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2017, 09:37 am »

Looks like 50. I'm not even sure what constitutes "en masse" anyway.
First rule: "If you haven't called someone your self or they have notified you then Do not trust them! They are dishonest and a scam!"- Denise

Offline JBB

• historic facial hair
  • EAV Insiders
  • Human
  • Last Login:
    September 19, 2017, 12:12 pm
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2017, 09:55 am »

Looks like 50. I'm not even sure what constitutes "en masse" anyway.
"As a group."  I doubt every Roswell resident showed up, so this is a misused adverb.
"I'll try the foot long hot dogs." -Denise

Offline angryuser

• EAV Insiders
  • Human
  • Last Login:
    Yesterday at 04:43 pm
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2017, 09:24 am »
Regardless of everything else, I'd be pissed if I was the dude at the end of the cul-de-sac who is now going to have an entire new subdivision's headlights blazing into his house as they make their left down the drive to new subdivision.

Also, this thread needs one of these:
I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity but they've always worked for me.