Author Topic: 1875 Flat Shoals  (Read 376 times)

Offline lore

• EAV Insiders
  • Human
  • Last Login:
    November 17, 2017, 03:38 pm
1875 Flat Shoals
« on: May 16, 2017, 05:00 pm »
It just keeps getting worse. Rant ahead.

After 5+ of sitting either vacant or full of squatters, drug dealers, one shooting, and an attempt at ripping out the pipes which caused a gas leak, the house was apparently finally valuable enough for the investor owner to pay attention to.
I'm regretting wishing someone would fix it up now.

First, in January, they ripped off the roof and ripped out all the inside walls. They had a permit for a renovation which was supposedly to expand the house backwards about 20 feet, and increase the size of the second story. (which was previously the converted attic). That was bad enough considering how close they are to my property line, but at least it wasn't going to be an ugly 3 story blue box like the same builder put up at 1881.

Of course then they set fire to all the debris in the backyard and left for the day. Thankfully another neighbor saw it and called it in before it spread.
Then they let the house sit uncovered for months, open to the weather.
Then the "builder" came back and "oops-ed" some strategic shoving and hammering until all of the exterior walls came down.
They then put it all into a dumpster and hauled it off the same day. (I have NEVER seen a dumpster company drop off and pick up a dumpster that fast.)

Someone (not me) called code enforcement on them and they at least have a stop work order, but what happens now? With no real structure left in place, are they free to build another 3 story monstrosity?
I can't help but feel this was done on purpose. This is just so fucking shady.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2017, 05:05 pm by lorelei »

Online katherine77

• Human
  • Last Login:
    Today at 05:00 pm
Re: 1875 Flat Shoals
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2017, 05:06 pm »
I've been monitoring it as I drive past every day, and I wondered why it was open to the elements for so long. There seem to be quite a few of these "ask forgiveness rather than permission" projects in the area. The house at 1720 is another. I guess it's one of the downsides of being a hot neighborhood. Sorry you've got to deal with it every day.

Offline lore

• EAV Insiders
  • Human
  • Last Login:
    November 17, 2017, 03:38 pm
Re: 1875 Flat Shoals
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2017, 10:43 pm »
I've been monitoring it as I drive past every day, and I wondered why it was open to the elements for so long. There seem to be quite a few of these "ask forgiveness rather than permission" projects in the area. The house at 1720 is another. I guess it's one of the downsides of being a hot neighborhood. Sorry you've got to deal with it every day.
There is one developer who is doing a chunk of these and I'm seeing quite a pattern. Elmhurst Capital. All of them are being built to rent too.