Author Topic: I find it amazing that the asshole with the outdoor speakers in East Gate Ct...  (Read 618 times)

Offline Max

• Human
  • Last Login:
    November 08, 2017, 03:28 pm
...thinks it's ok to grace the immediate neighbors (I live a few doors away on Stokeswood) with his shitty musical taste, as he is doing right now.

I know it's a Saturday morning, he is probably not violating any noise ordinance, and I am about about to mow the lawn (as opposed to reading on my deck or working from home, as I frequently do), but I find this just rude.

I usually refrain from gratuitous insults on a web forum, but this is just rubbing me the wrong way. I am mindful of what I do when it can impact the quality of life of my neighbors, and this is the kind of inconsiderate shit that really pisses me off.

I have walked over there once before on an occasion when I could not work because of the music volume, and even though he turned it down, he thought it was funny and did not apologize.

Offline soccer6

• I am a Mom. I like to Run.
  • EAV Insiders
  • Human
  • Last Login:
    Today at 09:21 am
My house was unoccupied at the time you mention so I know it wasn't us.  If you'll pm me the house number, I'm happy to talk to them for you.

Offline georgian

• Human
  • Sure, trust the govt...just ask a Native American!
  • Last Login:
    Today at 04:51 pm
Max, If you will PM me the address I will initiate an official charge with APD as they are the most inconsiderate people in regard to noise pollution that exist today (other than the weekend tenants that rent a nearby air B&B).

Offline hfranks

• tosspot
  • EAV Insiders
  • Human
  • Last Login:
    Yesterday at 06:54 pm
Well, the East Atlanta Craft Beer Fest also had amplified music yesterday from approximately 11:00am until 5:00pm.  I know I could here on Gresham as I walked up to the park.
Explosive force does not vector that way, and never will be able to, even with crazy secret-squirrel .gov black ops alien technology. ~ ES

Offline georgian

• Human
  • Sure, trust the govt...just ask a Native American!
  • Last Login:
    Today at 04:51 pm
Max, that's not the house I am ready to drill down on. The house I am interested in is in the curve of the culdesac and they only are a problem during the summer and early fall.
The house you are referring to, I believe, was hosting a outside children's birthday party yesterday.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2017, 12:35 pm by georgian »

Offline Max

• Human
  • Last Login:
    November 08, 2017, 03:28 pm
OK, well, next time I will walk over there and make a note of the house number.

I was home all day yesterday and I did not hear anything from the beer festival. Noise from public events are different because they are predictable and one can plan around them.

Offline Mr. Man

• EAV Insiders
  • Human
  • Last Login:
    November 17, 2017, 03:05 pm
i like when my neighbors have music.  its better than silence or just the sound of lawn mowers.  its the city and i like when the neighborhood is alive and people are actually outdoors.
Yes, I agree, with that I knew someone close that smoked and went to chewing tobacca. Used a spit can which was yuck, and then the door of his car.~Denise

Offline Opti1

• EAV Insiders
  • Human
  • Chick-In-Costume
  • Last Login:
    August 17, 2017, 12:05 pm
(I'm with you, Max.)
Sarcasm: the ability to insult idiots without them realizing it.

Offline lore

• EAV Insiders
  • Human
  • Last Login:
    November 17, 2017, 03:38 pm
i like when my neighbors have music.  its better than silence or just the sound of lawn mowers.  its the city and i like when the neighborhood is alive and people are actually outdoors.

It doesn't sound like the problem is some music. It seems like it's the volume that is an issue.