Author Topic: Cameli's Gourmet Pizza Jont coming to L5P  (Read 7575 times)

Spanky

Re: Fellini's coming to L5P
« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2011, 12:45 am »
Part of me thinks that there was the original police mini precinct  on the right side.  Maybe they closed it off??? :(~

Offline ATLMan

• Human
  • Due to the high cost of amo, no warning shots.
  • Last Login:
    April 26, 2017, 07:57 am
« Reply #16 on: November 15, 2011, 01:57 pm »
I've never had L5P pizza or camelli's, but I think Savage Pizza is probably the worst I've had in Atlanta.
Urban Pie in Kirkwood gets my vote for the worst.... Avellino's on College ave rocks. Great calizones |:)|
I second your comment on Urban Pie. We ate there a few weeks ago because Felini's was so packed we couldn't get in. UP sucked. No return ever for us.
Nicholas

Offline Gmoney

• EAV Insiders
  • Human
  • Last Login:
    November 16, 2017, 08:42 am
« Reply #17 on: November 15, 2011, 02:03 pm »
I've never had L5P pizza or camelli's, but I think Savage Pizza is probably the worst I've had in Atlanta.
Urban Pie in Kirkwood gets my vote for the worst.... Avellino's on College ave rocks. Great calizones |:)|
I second your comment on Urban Pie. We ate there a few weeks ago because Felini's was so packed we couldn't get in. UP sucked. No return ever for us.
Ordered from them a while back as they were about the only one who would deliver to us (not including Dominos/Papa Johns/Pizza Hut who may or may not deliver, but don't really factor into the equation).  Pizza was pretty damn disappointing.  Not ordering from them again.
"I am glad that the Robert got shot. Be careful out there!" - Denise

Offline Andreas

• Thread Killer
  • EAV Insiders
  • Human
  • Sing while you may.
  • Last Login:
    Today at 08:07 am
« Reply #18 on: November 15, 2011, 02:04 pm »

I haven't had their pizza in a while, but I do love their calzones.  Very tasty!

Meredith in EAV

« Reply #19 on: November 15, 2011, 02:38 pm »
I think Village Pizza in Cabbagetown delivers to EAV... their pizza is very good!

Offline Gmoney

• EAV Insiders
  • Human
  • Last Login:
« Reply #20 on: November 15, 2011, 02:58 pm »
I think Village Pizza in Cabbagetown delivers to EAV... their pizza is very good!
We're a bit south of the Village, off Eastland.  4.2-4.4 miles, depending on route (though only 2.89 miles as the crow flies)...I wonder if we're still in their radius.

Offline vigodas-pants

• EAV Insiders
  • Human
  • Last Login:
    April 30, 2018, 05:35 pm
« Reply #21 on: November 15, 2011, 03:07 pm »
Might be time to change the thread title to the appropriate business that is opening  :(~
"...I once wrestled a pig named Martha." -MRice

Meredith in EAV

« Reply #22 on: November 15, 2011, 03:08 pm »

Just checked their website and they say they deliver to "the area"... not sure how big that area is... but their phone # is:
p. 404.586.0040

Online Nate (NFN)

• Ha!
  • EAV Insiders
  • Human
  • I am user number 69 on the Buzz.
    • Just my pictures
  • Last Login:
    Today at 09:52 am
« Reply #23 on: November 15, 2011, 03:35 pm »

They no longer deliver to EAV, from a conversation when I tried to order a while back:

Her: Thanks for calling Village Pizza
Me: I'd like to place an order for delivery
Her: Ok what's your number?
Me: ###-###-####
Her: Ok I see you are on Braeburn Dr in East Atlanta
Me: Yes
Her: (shouts to people behind her) We don't delivery to EAV anymore right?
Her: (to me) Sorry we stopped delivering to your area
Me: Why?
Her: The manager decided he didn't want to anymore
Me: Well the manager sucks (chuckles)
Her: Yes he does... seriously.
Me: I am just kidding.
Her: I am not. He likes to piss people off.
Me: Ok well have a good night.
Her: Ok, good luck getting a pizza.

Online Nate (NFN)

• Ha!
  • EAV Insiders
  • Human
    • Just my pictures
  • Last Login:
« Reply #24 on: November 15, 2011, 03:37 pm »

I haven't had their pizza in a while, but I do love their calzones.  Very tasty!

I do really like Urban Pie, and order it probably 2-3 times a month. It is good Atlanta style pizza. Don't go to Felinni's ever because of numerous bad experiences. L5P definitely was not good last time I was there. They have great calzones as well.  I am surprised to hear of the people having bad experiences their, most people I know dig it. Also they are BYOB, which I like when I go there.

Meredith in EAV

« Reply #25 on: November 15, 2011, 03:38 pm »

They no longer deliver to EAV, from a conversation when I tried to order a while back:

Her: Thanks for calling Village Pizza
Me: I'd like to place an order for delivery
Her: Ok what's your number?
Me: ###-###-####
Her: Ok I see you are on Braeburn Dr in East Atlanta
Me: Yes
Her: (shouts to people behind her) We don't delivery to EAV anymore right?
Her: (to me) Sorry we stopped delivering to your area
Me: Why?
Her: The manager decided he didn't want to anymore
Me: Well the manager sucks (chuckles)
Her: Yes he does... seriously.
Me: I am just kidding.
Her: I am not. He likes to piss people off.
Me: Ok well have a good night.
Her: Ok, good luck getting a pizza.
That's hilarious!

Offline Maru32

• Human
  • Last Login:
    May 18, 2018, 09:09 am
« Reply #26 on: November 15, 2011, 03:46 pm »
Might be time to change the thread title to the appropriate business that is opening  :(~

Done.  However, no control over the debate of various other pizza joints  :)
The Honey Badger don't care.  The Honey Badger don't give a shit.

Offline Gmoney

• EAV Insiders
  • Human
  • Last Login:
« Reply #27 on: November 15, 2011, 03:47 pm »
I do really like Urban Pie, and order it probably 2-3 times a month. It is good Atlanta style pizza.
I have to ask - what is Atlanta style pizza?  I know that's how Urban Pie markets it, but that's the only place I've seen it mentioned.  And frankly, when I think Atlanta pizza, it doesn't bring the best thoughts to mind (being from Chicago, I'm kinda spoiled in that department).

Online Nate (NFN)

• Ha!
  • EAV Insiders
  • Human
    • Just my pictures
  • Last Login:
« Reply #28 on: November 15, 2011, 03:56 pm »
I do really like Urban Pie, and order it probably 2-3 times a month. It is good Atlanta style pizza.
I have to ask - what is Atlanta style pizza?  I know that's how Urban Pie markets it, but that's the only place I've seen it mentioned.  And frankly, when I think Atlanta pizza, it doesn't bring the best thoughts to mind (being from Chicago, I'm kinda spoiled in that department).

Scoutmob had something about a pizza place where it described mentioned a place saying "They describe their tasty slices as "Atlanta-style pizza." Not Chicago deep-dish, not New York thin crust."

I don't know if UP markets their pizza as Atlanta Style but I have heard of numerous places being referenced in that fashion by people have tossed pizza in the area. Grant Central, Felini's, Urban Pie, Village Pizza, etc The all have a style that is typical of pizza in Atlanta and not as good as Chicago/NYC, but can still be delicious, while they are not going for a "New York Style" pizza.

Offline Maru32

• Human
  • Last Login:
    May 18, 2018, 09:09 am
« Reply #29 on: November 15, 2011, 03:56 pm »

I think I know where your allegiance lies in the 'Who makes the best pizza NYC or Chicago ?' debate.
The Honey Badger don't care.  The Honey Badger don't give a shit.