Author Topic: Bound To Be Read closing  (Read 1286 times)

Offline Cap'n Ken

• Buzz Overlord
  • Administrator
  • Human
  • Last Login:
    November 04, 2017, 07:18 am
Bound To Be Read closing
« on: April 14, 2015, 03:06 pm »
Just got an email:

After 10 great years of serving our wonderful community, I'm at a point in my life where I need to spend more time with my family and friends.

You may know that we had hoped to sell the store to a new owner, but that has not come to fruition and it's now time to start a new chapter!

Today and tomorrow (Tues. & Weds.) we'll be closed to prepare for our STORE CLOSING SALE to sell out our entire inventory.

Beginning this Thursday, you'll see everything in the store marked down for this final storewide event. 

We're going out at our peak, and right now we have our best inventory ever of used, new and discount books. Everything must be sold and the doors will close forever in a few short weeks.  Even the store fixtures and equipment are for sale. 

To show our appreciation for your support, everyone who stops by can enter to win truly fabulous prizes (and we're not talking candy bars!). See the article below for more prize contest details. 

As a valued customer, you're getting advance notice of our sale, as we won't start our media advertising until next week.  Don't delay -- you'll get first pick of all merchandise, store fixtures and equipment. Feel free to invite your family and friends to come with you.  Everyone is welcome!

While it's sad to close a business that has become such a part of the fabric of the community, we are pleased that we can end our story with this exciting event!

See you soon!

Offline Coral Dancer

• Human
  • Last Login:
    January 16, 2018, 09:13 pm
Re: Bound To Be Read closing
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2015, 03:15 pm »
Loved Bound to be Read!! Will miss Jeff and Kona! Sad day . . .

Offline ratpack

• EAV Insiders
  • Human
  • Last Login:
    January 08, 2018, 01:00 pm
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2015, 03:17 pm »
huge loss for the village and our community.
Yoiks! And away! Yoiks... and awa-ayy! Yo-iks... and away...

Offline Max

• Human
  • Last Login:
    March 07, 2018, 05:01 pm
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2015, 05:34 pm »
So sad. It was a great bookstore run by wonderful people, and a great asset to the neighborhood.

(On the plus side, I can't wait for the next store with an inventory of 3 socks and 2 T-shirts that will most likely take its place)

Offline ohmylorelei

• Human
    • LaurelSnyder
  • Last Login:
    July 03, 2017, 10:10 am
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2015, 07:48 pm »
It sucks.  My kids are very very sad.