Author Topic: East Atlanta Barbell Club to open in former Brother Moto space  (Read 8491 times)

Offline jcarp

• Human
  • Last Login:
    May 10, 2018, 08:23 am
Re: East Atlanta Barbell Club to open in former Brother Moto space
« Reply #30 on: August 12, 2016, 02:49 pm »
the carefully curated toolbag partner mentioned above has posted some crap on facebook whining about having a disagreement with Lis and smugly saying that he owns the websites (I think he means FB?), and he also posted this to his personal page

You don't know who the president is gonna be until you see who EAV buzz endorses.

At this point, I don't mind naming/shaming this trustfund communist (who has no privacy settings on his facebook page). I have a suspicion that Lis doesn't have an inherited fortune and actually depends on the income from EAV Barbell.
(#fuck12 means fuck the police, by the way)

« Last Edit: August 12, 2016, 03:08 pm by jcarp »

Offline Cap'n Ken

• Buzz Overlord
  • Administrator
  • Human
  • Last Login:
    November 04, 2017, 07:18 am
« Reply #31 on: August 12, 2016, 03:00 pm »
Fascinating.
<sig>

Offline J. Grouchy

• EAV Insiders
  • Human
  • Last Login:
    Yesterday at 07:01 pm
« Reply #32 on: August 12, 2016, 03:17 pm »
the carefully curated toolbag partner mentioned above has posted some crap on facebook whining about having a disagreement with Lis and smugly saying that he owns the websites (I think he means FB?), and he also posted this to his personal page

You don't know who the president is gonna be until you see who EAV buzz endorses.

At this point, I don't mind naming/shaming this trustfund communist (who has no privacy settings on his facebook page). I have a suspicion that Lis doesn't have an inherited fortune and actually depends on the income from EAV Barbell.
(#fuck12 means fuck the police, by the way)

Fascinating.

Indeed. 
One has to wonder at this point if Lis is regretting her decision to be associated with this batshit loon.

Offline Cap'n Ken

• Buzz Overlord
  • Administrator
  • Human
  • Last Login:
« Reply #33 on: August 12, 2016, 03:21 pm »
One has to wonder at this point if Lis is regretting her decision to be associated with this batshit loon.

I'm gonna go with ... "likely".
<sig>

Offline T@Nk

• EAV Insiders
  • Human
  • EAVPoohTank
  • Last Login:
    May 14, 2018, 02:36 pm
« Reply #34 on: August 12, 2016, 03:51 pm »
Cotton Headed Ninny Muggins

Offline Fawkes

• hateful aging boundary challenged hipster wanna-be pseudo intellectual EAV POS from WV
  • EAV Insiders
  • Human
  • Last Login:
    October 31, 2017, 02:57 pm
« Reply #35 on: August 12, 2016, 06:09 pm »
So, barbell is over, the trustafarian bought it out and it will now be his anarcho-communist treehouse.
Yay EAV, aren't we lucky.
"In a nation ruled by swine, all pigs are upward mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: Not necessarily to Win, but mainly to keep from Losing Completely... " - Hunter S Thompson

Offline hfranks

• tosspot
  • EAV Insiders
  • Human
  • Last Login:
    May 17, 2018, 07:40 pm
« Reply #36 on: August 12, 2016, 06:50 pm »
So, barbell is over, the trustafarian bought it out and it will now be his anarcho-communist treehouse.
Yay EAV, aren't we lucky.

Dang.  That was fast.  I hope he doesn't fall astray of zoning or permitting. 
Explosive force does not vector that way, and never will be able to, even with crazy secret-squirrel .gov black ops alien technology. ~ ES

Offline jessicaS

• Human
  • Last Login:
    August 12, 2016, 07:26 pm
« Reply #37 on: August 12, 2016, 07:24 pm »
Yeah, my husband and myself are withdrawing our membership as soon as Lis is gone. While I am pretty politically radical, I have no interest in giving him my money. He basically used his fortune to strongarm and harass Lis into leaving and can afford to be a "radical communist" because he has so much money.

He's also yelled at me in the gym because of my personal politics and made me pretty uncomfortable, but I let it slide at the time. I definitely didn't expect him to become this unhinged.

Definitely encourage others to withdraw their membership or reconsider joining.

Offline Cap'n Ken

• Buzz Overlord
  • Administrator
  • Human
  • Last Login:
« Reply #38 on: August 12, 2016, 07:57 pm »
Yeah, my husband and myself are withdrawing our membership as soon as Lis is gone. While I am pretty politically radical, I have no interest in giving him my money. He basically used his fortune to strongarm and harass Lis into leaving and can afford to be a "radical communist" because he has so much money.

He's also yelled at me in the gym because of my personal politics and made me pretty uncomfortable, but I let it slide at the time. I definitely didn't expect him to become this unhinged.

Definitely encourage others to withdraw their membership or reconsider joining.

Marxism is a fun hobby if you can afford it.
<sig>

Offline angryuser

• EAV Insiders
  • Human
  • Last Login:
    Yesterday at 11:59 am
« Reply #39 on: August 12, 2016, 08:29 pm »

Yup.
Fucking entitled rich white shitstain who has never wanted for anything and can afford to be his fucked up version of a "communist" social justice warrior assclown. Goddammit I'm pissed off. Lis put a lot of effort in to that place and it was pretty fucking awesome. And like, right down the street. I think she's out after tomorrow. Chris is moving all the equipment he loaned her for the place out now. The lawyers get to decide what is hers and then that'll be gone too. Not that Jim can't afford to just go buy everything all shiny and new. But the exodus is on. I'm actually kinda curious who will stay. I had my info cleared out of the system.
All he had to do was keep his fucking politics out of the place. Nope. Responsibility just got overthrown by massive entitlement.

tl;dr
this is evidently another example of why I can't have nice things.
I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity but they've always worked for me.

Offline J. Grouchy

• EAV Insiders
  • Human
  • Last Login:
« Reply #40 on: August 12, 2016, 08:56 pm »
Definitely gone off the rails.  Now there's some sort of soviet propaganda poster thing on the FB page. 

:DL

Offline lore

• EAV Insiders
  • Human
  • Last Login:
    November 17, 2017, 03:38 pm
« Reply #41 on: August 12, 2016, 09:11 pm »
Wow. Well, according to the Facebook page, it's pay what you want, so I suppose you guys could keep working out there and just not pay anything.
What's he going to do, call the cops?

Offline J. Grouchy

• EAV Insiders
  • Human
  • Last Login:
« Reply #42 on: August 12, 2016, 09:45 pm »
Wow. Well, according to the Facebook page, it's pay what you want, so I suppose you guys could keep working out there and just not pay anything.

Must be nice to be able to live off one's capitalist family's wealth and open a storefront with an unsustainable business model in order to attempt to spread anti-capitalist and anti-police propaganda in a highly security-conscious neighborhood that's already been burned too many times to count by fly-by-night operations.  Yeah...he ought to feel real welcome there now...

Offline ManBearPig

• EAV Insiders
  • Human
  • Story of my life, all in one little GIF
  • Last Login:
    September 13, 2017, 12:53 pm
« Reply #43 on: August 12, 2016, 10:43 pm »
I am so bummed about this. Like angry said we can't have nice things. Now this boil on the scrotum of a sphylitc donkey is going to be having anti cop meetings 150 meters from where Patrick was murdered. At least until he od's again.

I guess it's easy to be anti making money when you have never had to do so.

Up side is that he did say they are collecting canine feces for a big anti the man rally. They have asked for it to be placed into thier mailbox. Preferably without a bag.
STAY AWAY FROM THE FERMENTED HERRING. I can NOT emphasize this enough so I'll say it again: STAY AWAY FROM THE FERMENTED HERRING.

Offline angryuser

• EAV Insiders
  • Human
  • Last Login:
    Yesterday at 11:59 am
« Reply #44 on: August 12, 2016, 10:55 pm »

Well played.
I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity but they've always worked for me.