Author Topic: Pink Compound Property Newton and Flat Shoals  (Read 6201 times)

Offline ahawes

• Human
  • Last Login:
    Yesterday at 05:59 pm
Re: Pink Compound Property Newton and Flat Shoals
« Reply #15 on: October 06, 2016, 10:47 am »
From anyway you look at it:  beautiful house, noble/honest attorneys, etc., etc., unless  the builders at least give a nod to Flat Shoals by adding a facade on the west side of the house to make it less obvious that you are passing the back and side of a house as you approach the Newton/Flat Shoals intersection, the house is going to be an eyesore for residents of Flat Shoal as well as for people entering the Village from the south.

Offline JBB

• historic facial hair
  • EAV Insiders
  • Human
  • Last Login:
    Yesterday at 10:56 am
« Reply #16 on: October 06, 2016, 12:16 pm »
Sadly, I don't believe the city's subdivision code requires any corner lot to give preference to facing a major road.  I don't think there's much, if anything, in that code that addresses street hierarchy.
"I'll try the foot long hot dogs." -Denise

Offline angryuser

• EAV Insiders
  • Human
  • Last Login:
    Yesterday at 10:00 am
« Reply #17 on: October 06, 2016, 12:41 pm »
Sadly, I don't believe the city's subdivision code requires any corner lot to give preference to facing a major road.  I don't think there's much, if anything, in that code that addresses street hierarchy.

So, this is a thing that people actually care about? wow.
I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity but they've always worked for me.

Offline vigodas-pants

• EAV Insiders
  • Human
  • Last Login:
    Yesterday at 10:03 am
« Reply #18 on: October 06, 2016, 12:49 pm »

I'd think it would come down to the overall aesthetic of what faces Flat Shoals.  While it could seem that the side and back of a house would be less attractive, that may not be the case.
"...I once wrestled a pig named Martha." -MRice

Offline Brandy

• Human
  • Last Login:
    April 18, 2018, 08:22 pm
« Reply #19 on: October 06, 2016, 12:51 pm »

When the developers came to an EACA meeting months ago, some members expressed concern over the fact that there is no house on Flat Shoals with a side-yard facing Flat Shoals. 

So yes, diven the diversity of our neighborhood and underscoring the reality that other people may and do have different opinions than you do, some people care about this. 

Offline angryuser

• EAV Insiders
  • Human
  • Last Login:
« Reply #20 on: October 06, 2016, 12:54 pm »

When the developers came to an EACA meeting months ago, some members expressed concern over the fact that there is no house on Flat Shoals with a side-yard facing Flat Shoals. 

So yes, diven the diversity of our neighborhood and underscoring the reality that other people may and do have different opinions than you do, some people care about this.

Huh. And here I thought people lived in an area like EAV, which is specifically devoid of HOAs, to get away from people like that.
I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity but they've always worked for me.

Offline hfranks

• tosspot
  • EAV Insiders
  • Human
  • Last Login:
    April 16, 2018, 06:38 pm
« Reply #21 on: October 06, 2016, 12:59 pm »

I think it would be less private to have the side of the house exposed to Flat Shoals, but that's just my opinion (as a corner house dweller).
Explosive force does not vector that way, and never will be able to, even with crazy secret-squirrel .gov black ops alien technology. ~ ES

Offline vigodas-pants

• EAV Insiders
  • Human
  • Last Login:
    Yesterday at 10:03 am
« Reply #22 on: October 06, 2016, 01:02 pm »

I wonder if they needed to orient it this way to make the overall buildout work.  Or perhaps they prefer that home have a Newton address vs. Flat Shoals.

I think it would be less private to have the side of the house exposed to Flat Shoals, but that's just my opinion (as a corner house dweller).
"...I once wrestled a pig named Martha." -MRice

Offline angryuser

• EAV Insiders
  • Human
  • Last Login:
« Reply #23 on: October 06, 2016, 01:03 pm »

I assume rules for fences are stricter there? Iow, no big tall privacy fence allowed as it could impede people trying to pull out from Newton?
Is there a lot plan (as viewed from above) for all 3 available anywhere? I would imagine whatever looks the most reasonable from whatever that split is is what would get built.

Offline georgian

• Human
  • Sure, trust the govt...just ask a Native American!
  • Last Login:
    Yesterday at 07:26 pm
« Reply #24 on: October 06, 2016, 01:34 pm »

I assume rules for fences are stricter there? Iow, no big tall privacy fence allowed as it could impede people trying to pull out from Newton?
Is there a lot plan (as viewed from above) for all 3 available anywhere? I would imagine whatever looks the most reasonable from whatever that split is is what would get built.
There are plans for all 3 houses rolled up inside the big, white permit boxes next to a the sidewalk on Newton. Check them out after 5:00 or contact me and I will go over there with you.

Offline Brandy

• Human
  • Last Login:
    April 18, 2018, 08:22 pm
« Reply #25 on: October 06, 2016, 02:13 pm »

Attaching what was provided in the LUZ application for splitting the parcel in March of 2015. 

If memory serves, EACA members suggested that the developers revise the last two proposed properties so that they became two properties facing flat shoals.

Also, the current set-up had a shared driveway to all three homes entering/exiting from Flat Shoals. 

I cannot speak to whether this current view matches what will be built.

Offline georgian

• Human
  • Last Login:
« Reply #26 on: October 06, 2016, 05:40 pm »

Attaching what was provided in the LUZ application for splitting the parcel in March of 2015. 

If memory serves, EACA members suggested that the developers revise the last two proposed properties so that they became two properties facing flat shoals.

Also, the current set-up had a shared driveway to all three homes entering/exiting from Flat Shoals. 

I cannot speak to whether this current view matches what will be built.
According to the plans approved by CofA, Lot#1 has driveway access on Flat Shoals and Lots#2 & 3 has driveway access on Newton.

Offline georgian

• Human
  • Last Login:
« Reply #27 on: October 08, 2016, 09:15 am »
Construction grading has now been completed for the 3 lots, the rebar and other materials for the foundation have been delivered. Expect to foundations to be completed in the next week. Really nice looking houses from seed g the plans.

Offline georgian

• Human
  • Last Login:
« Reply #28 on: October 21, 2016, 04:17 pm »
UPDATE! They poured all three of the foundations today so, we can expect to see the houses start going up in the next week.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2016, 01:09 pm by georgian »

Offline georgian

• Human
  • Last Login:
« Reply #29 on: November 05, 2016, 01:34 pm »
They finished laying the blocks and skimming them this morning, so I would expect to start seeing framing next week.