Author Topic: Taqueria del Sol Grant Park Location  (Read 1224 times)

Offline angryuser

• EAV Insiders
  • Human
  • Last Login:
    Today at 01:52 pm
Re: Taqueria del Sol Grant Park Location
« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2017, 02:23 pm »
Wonder if the Larkin location will be kid friendly?

What does that mean?
You can't smoke in any of'em, so... ?
High chairs and boosters specifically.
when our kids were that age, they didn't have high chairs. Also, it was difficult to find seating for groups of 5 or more. And they really gave the impression that they had no use for any amount of lingering. Then Holy Taco opened 9 years ago.

Yeah, Holy Taco charges a premium that Tacqueria del Sol does not, that helps pay for some degree of camping.
TdS works on a flow the people through rapidly model. If people camp, there's nowhere for the people still coming in to sit.
I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity but they've always worked for me.

Online Mr. Man

• EAV Insiders
  • Human
  • Last Login:
    Today at 03:22 pm
« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2017, 02:31 pm »
yeah, and taqueria can be a bit intense.  my boss has a broken leg and he wasnt allowed to go sit down and wait while we ordered.  there were only 2 sets in front of us so it wasn't a table issue, it was mostly just their intense rules. 
I dont recall seeing any boosters but i dont usually look for those sort of things.
Yes, I agree, with that I knew someone close that smoked and went to chewing tobacca. Used a spit can which was yuck, and then the door of his car.~Denise

Offline vigodas-pants

• EAV Insiders
  • Human
  • Last Login:
    April 30, 2018, 05:35 pm
« Reply #17 on: February 21, 2017, 02:35 pm »
Wonder if the Larkin location will be kid friendly?

What does that mean?
You can't smoke in any of'em, so... ?
High chairs and boosters specifically.
when our kids were that age, they didn't have high chairs. Also, it was difficult to find seating for groups of 5 or more. And they really gave the impression that they had no use for any amount of lingering. Then Holy Taco opened 9 years ago.

Their model is definitely high transaction and doesn't encourage sitting down and taking a load off for a while.  And no, they don't have boosters or high chairs at any of their locations (that I have seen).  And more power to 'em.  It would make the already oppressively long lines even more so.
"...I once wrestled a pig named Martha." -MRice

Offline JBB

• historic facial hair
  • EAV Insiders
  • Human
  • Last Login:
    May 17, 2018, 12:23 pm
« Reply #18 on: February 21, 2017, 02:35 pm »

Yeah, Holy Taco charges a premium that Tacqueria del Sol does not, that helps pay for some degree of camping.
TdS works on a flow the people through rapidly model. If people camp, there's nowhere for the people still coming in to sit.
That's a respectable business decision. It's good to have choices.
"I'll try the foot long hot dogs." -Denise

Offline Meredith

• EAV Insiders
  • Human
  • Last Login:
    December 09, 2017, 09:33 am
« Reply #19 on: February 21, 2017, 07:30 pm »
yeah, and taqueria can be a bit intense.  my boss has a broken leg and he wasnt allowed to go sit down and wait while we ordered.
They can kiss my disabled ass! Holy Taco is my go-to anyway.
First rule: "If you haven't called someone your self or they have notified you then Do not trust them! They are dishonest and a scam!"- Denise