Author Topic: HELP! Collapsed Retaining Wall  (Read 1627 times)

Offline chrisw

• Human
  • Last Login:
    May 18, 2018, 01:36 pm
Re: HELP! Collapsed Retaining Wall
« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2017, 07:39 am »
As a former insurance adjuster, I'm almost positive that your homeowner's policy will not pay for this type of loss. Perhaps, the owner of the wall (i assume that it's your neighbors wall) has liability coverage and if you can show that they failed to act in a reasonable manner to maintain the wall, they might cover removing the debris from your property.

Offline Tee

• Human
  • Last Login:
    May 18, 2018, 09:06 am
« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2017, 08:29 am »
As a former insurance adjuster, I'm almost positive that your homeowner's policy will not pay for this type of loss. Perhaps, the owner of the wall (i assume that it's your neighbors wall) has liability coverage and if you can show that they failed to act in a reasonable manner to maintain the wall, they might cover removing the debris from your property.

wouldn't that awesome

Offline mongo

• GLG20
  • EAV Insiders
  • Human
  • GLG20
  • Last Login:
    Yesterday at 12:30 pm
« Reply #17 on: March 17, 2017, 02:03 pm »
I am an attorney in Decatur, so feel free to give me a call.  This is not my specific area of expertise, but I know enough about these issues that I may be able to handle it.  If not, I know some other very good local attorneys to whom I can refer you.   

Depending on exactly where the property line runs, you may be able to file a claim against the neighbor's insurance and have them pay to repair it. If not, then we can try to talk to the neighbor and see if they will voluntarily accept responsibility for the cost of repairs.  Otherwise, it may be lawsuit time.

Here's my contact info if you'd like to give me a call:
The Law Offices of Alex Susor, P.C.
The DeWoskin Law Firm Building
 535 N. McDonough Street
Decatur, Georgia 30030
E-Mail: alex@alexsusor.com
Phone: (404) 939-0760
Fax: (404) 492-7086
http://www.alexsusor.com/

wouldn't that awesome
"Oh. Uh, will you hold my wallet for me while I take the test, please? There's a thousand dollars in there... or maybe there isn't. Know what I mean?"
--Emmett Fitz-Hume

Offline georgian

• Human
  • Sure, trust the govt...just ask a Native American!
  • Last Login:
    Yesterday at 10:39 am
« Reply #18 on: March 17, 2017, 04:43 pm »
I am an attorney in Decatur, so feel free to give me a call.  This is not my specific area of expertise, but I know enough about these issues that I may be able to handle it.  If not, I know some other very good local attorneys to whom I can refer you.   

Depending on exactly where the property line runs, you may be able to file a claim against the neighbor's insurance and have them pay to repair it. If not, then we can try to talk to the neighbor and see if they will voluntarily accept responsibility for the cost of repairs.  Otherwise, it may be lawsuit time.

535 N. McDonough Street
Decatur, Georgia 30030

wouldn't that awesome
THANKS, Alex!!!!!

Offline Tee

• Human
  • Last Login:
    May 18, 2018, 09:06 am
« Reply #19 on: March 20, 2017, 09:54 am »

535 N. McDonough Street
Decatur, Georgia 30030

wouldn't that awesome

Thank you