Author Topic: Madison theater leased!  (Read 2489 times)

Offline CindyB

• Human
  • Last Login:
    January 09, 2018, 11:51 pm
Re: Madison theater leased!
« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2018, 12:18 pm »
Max or anyone else- do you know how to get in contact with Olivia? I'd love to be involved in making it into a usable theater or other arts space. Part of why I've worked so hard to stay in this area is how easy it is to get to all the theaters I work for.

Offline Eurotrash

• Human
  • Last Login:
    May 18, 2018, 05:54 am
« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2018, 09:58 am »
Max or anyone else- do you know how to get in contact with Olivia? I'd love to be involved in making it into a usable theater or other arts space. Part of why I've worked so hard to stay in this area is how easy it is to get to all the theaters I work for.

The current tenants are 16,000 in past due rents and the owner is in the process or has already evicted the tenants (Olivia?)

Since you're new here.  The building needs a giant infusion of cash  to the point that renting it is not only pointless but also a crime to improve a property owned by Abe Asher- everyone's favorite east atlanta slum lord..

Offline Beer Snob

• EVA's official bad spellor
  • EAV Insiders
  • Human
  • beer, the oldest of the inebriators.
    • My TV show
  • Last Login:
    May 16, 2018, 05:31 pm
« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2018, 09:23 pm »
Abe just filed for an eviction.  16k in rent past due.  Same old shit.

16k? what the hell was rent in that shithole?
Taters

Offline georgian

• Human
  • Sure, trust the govt...just ask a Native American!
  • Last Login:
    Yesterday at 10:39 am
« Reply #18 on: January 17, 2018, 07:41 am »
Abe just filed for an eviction.  16k in rent past due.  Same old shit.

16k? what the hell was rent in that shithole?
I believe it was $8500.00/mo

Offline pencilicon

• EAV Insiders
  • Human
  • It was like that when I got here.
  • Last Login:
    May 07, 2018, 03:28 pm
« Reply #19 on: January 17, 2018, 02:26 pm »
Also even if old Abe kicks the bucket his progeny could be as bad or worse than he is. (God forbid).

Offline barbecuesteve

• a well-informed, well-armed bear.
  • Human
  • Support your local cue & brew
  • Last Login:
    Today at 04:14 am
« Reply #20 on: January 22, 2018, 06:47 am »
And I am disappointed every morning when I read the Metro section of the AJC and still do not see his name listed. Oh, well! There is always tomorrow!

Hear hear!! And on that day we'll be about like this in the village:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DopWfOB2XX8
Next time you drink a homebrew, thank Jimmy Carter, who on October 14, 1978 signed H.R.1337 legalizing homebrewing in the United States.

Offline MRice

• EAV Insiders
  • Human
  • Last Login:
    May 18, 2018, 06:13 pm
« Reply #21 on: January 22, 2018, 05:06 pm »
At the risk of incurring everyone’s wrath, I want to say a few positive things about this landlord:
I’ve spoken to numerous tenants of his who say he treats them fairly. They shared no complaints.
He has given various neighborhood nonprofits permission to use his property for projects. He asks for nothing in return. Few situations are totally black and white. Few people are 100% bad.
"Shrimp are too eager to leave the sandwich."

Offline Eurotrash

• Human
  • Last Login:
    May 18, 2018, 05:54 am
« Reply #22 on: January 22, 2018, 09:41 pm »
Hitler like dogs.  Just sayin

Offline Andreas

• Thread Killer
  • EAV Insiders
  • Human
  • Sing while you may.
  • Last Login:
    Today at 08:07 am
« Reply #23 on: January 22, 2018, 11:48 pm »

+1 shitpost, would read and respond to with my own shitpost again.

Offline Andreas

• Thread Killer
  • EAV Insiders
  • Human
  • Sing while you may.
  • Last Login:
    Today at 08:07 am
« Reply #24 on: January 22, 2018, 11:48 pm »

+1 shitpost, would read and respond to with my own shitpost again.

Offline micki mouse

• EAV Insiders
  • Human
  • Last Login:
    Yesterday at 11:33 am
« Reply #25 on: January 23, 2018, 10:43 am »
At the risk of incurring everyone’s wrath, I want to say a few positive things about this landlord:
I’ve spoken to numerous tenants of his who say he treats them fairly. They shared no complaints.
He has given various neighborhood nonprofits permission to use his property for projects. He asks for nothing in return. Few situations are totally black and white. Few people are 100% bad.

Seconded. And you should never wish anyone dead bad karma for you.

Offline hfranks

• tosspot
  • EAV Insiders
  • Human
  • Last Login:
    May 17, 2018, 07:40 pm
« Reply #26 on: January 23, 2018, 07:39 pm »

I'll always remember him freaking out on Mellamur because Roy's truck was towed the morning of the Strut.  The cops ran the tag and it came back with a name no one recognized.  I believe he's only nice when it pays to be nice.
Explosive force does not vector that way, and never will be able to, even with crazy secret-squirrel .gov black ops alien technology. ~ ES

Offline angryuser

• EAV Insiders
  • Human
  • Last Login:
    Yesterday at 11:59 am
« Reply #27 on: January 23, 2018, 08:53 pm »

I'll always remember him freaking out on Mellamur because Roy's truck was towed the morning of the Strut.  The cops ran the tag and it came back with a name no one recognized.  I believe he's only nice when it pays to be nice.

I assume he's "nice" to the people mentioned when and while they were following the terms of his bullshit, unreasonable leases. A year in, when they are broke and can't afford to pay for his broken, un-maintained shit at the exorbitant rate their naive asses signed up for, the tune changes.
I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity but they've always worked for me.