Author Topic: Bridge: Gresham Ave./Happy Valley Trail  (Read 696 times)

Offline Madidi

• Human
  • Last Login:
    Yesterday at 08:00 am
Bridge: Gresham Ave./Happy Valley Trail
« on: August 12, 2017, 10:59 am »
Is anyone familiar with the bridge over the creek connecting Gresham Ave. with Happy Vally Trail (end of Brownwood)? It is in pretty rough shape these days. I would like to rehab it, but have no idea if someone owns it or if it is just kind of there. If you know anything, I would appreciate you passing the information along. Thanks!

Offline hfranks

• tosspot
  • EAV Insiders
  • Human
  • Last Login:
    May 17, 2018, 07:40 pm
Re: Bridge: Gresham Ave./Happy Valley Trail
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2017, 11:10 am »
It's a Dekalb County resource, but I don't know about the maintenance. In the past, when the planks have rotted, Lauren Janis (Big Daddy Biscuits) has called UniD about repairs.
Explosive force does not vector that way, and never will be able to, even with crazy secret-squirrel .gov black ops alien technology. ~ ES

Offline Madidi

• Human
  • Last Login:
    Yesterday at 08:00 am
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2017, 06:38 pm »
Thanks! Guess I will call the County.

Offline 54 Pontiac

• Human
  • I was smarter than this fish.
  • Last Login:
    Today at 01:36 pm
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2017, 08:31 pm »
Thanks for calling the county. My dog won't go over that gap but I'm too lazy to call, apparently. I have seen the county mowing around it, so they apparently know about it and maintain it.

Online andrew

• Human
  • Last Login:
    Today at 03:20 pm
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2017, 07:54 am »
My dog is reluctant to step over as well, though I do have to admit, since a few planks have gone missing, it's been nice not having the motorbikes fly down the hill and over the bridge at all hours of the day.