Author Topic: Yet-to-be-named restaurant to open in old MSR space  (Read 1618 times)

Online andrew

• Human
  • Last Login:
    Today at 03:20 pm
Yet-to-be-named restaurant to open in old MSR space
« on: December 18, 2017, 07:59 am »
This story's been making the rounds. A handful of Ford Fry and WB alumni are set to open a bar/restaurant in the Village. No date given for opening, but the write up for the project sounds promising.

http://atlantarestaurants.blog.ajc.com/2017/12/15/new-restaurant-from-former-ford-fry-wrecking-bar-employees-coming-to-east-atlanta/

Offline vigodas-pants

• EAV Insiders
  • Human
  • Last Login:
    April 30, 2018, 05:35 pm
Re: Yet-to-be-named restaurant to open in old MSR space
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2017, 10:15 am »
This story's been making the rounds. A handful of Ford Fry and WB alumni are set to open a bar/restaurant in the Village. No date given for opening, but the write up for the project sounds promising.

http://atlantarestaurants.blog.ajc.com/2017/12/15/new-restaurant-from-former-ford-fry-wrecking-bar-employees-coming-to-east-atlanta/

Commence poo-pooing it as bougie, overpriced, and uninspiring in 3... 2... 1...

(I welcome another dining option and one less empty space in EAV)
"...I once wrestled a pig named Martha." -MRice

Offline jake

• EAV Insiders
  • Human
  • Last Login:
    Today at 08:47 am
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2017, 10:37 am »
East Atlanta's newest restaurant is named, "Schism."  Restaurateurs and diswashers from the Wrecking Bar, Superica, and 246 are back, opening a hot, new eatery that answers the question, "Huh?"  This place has everything...Bong water orchids, beard shavings on the floor, wall art made of portraits you can only see with a blacklight, and homeless masturbators that call you by a stiff and cheeky nickname. 

Don't look for a sign, because there's just a little girl standing on the roof, yelling hilarious obscenities at passersby.  Inside, you sit on dirty footstools and eat locally foraged, inorganic trappings, topped off with flavored mayonnaise, served in a rusty hubcap.  Their signature dish is deconstructed gravy, salted beyond consumption, thrown at you by three surly waiters with handlebar mustaches. 

The drinks are all grass-derivatives, strained through a bandanna found on a MARTA bus, and mixed by a one-eyed Cher impersonator.  Instead of glasses, they're served in a broken lightbulb.  On the weekends, DJ Splashdazzle spins records on a hand-cranked turntable, wearing only a sequined Speedo.  He should wear more clothing, but you won't want him to after you have the house shot...A Roofie.  "What's that?" you ask.  Its that thing when you order a drink, and someone spikes it, and you wake up in the alley with no shoes, wondering why you have a tracking collar, and a new tattoo. 

Schism is only open on Saturday nights, from 9pm to 9:30pm, and then from midnight to 7am.  Reservations recommended.

Offline angryuser

• EAV Insiders
  • Human
  • Last Login:
    Today at 01:52 pm
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2017, 11:19 am »
East Atlanta's newest restaurant is named, "Schism."  Restaurateurs and diswashers from the Wrecking Bar, Superica, and 246 are back, opening a hot, new eatery that answers the question, "Huh?"  This place has everything...Bong water orchids, beard shavings on the floor, wall art made of portraits you can only see with a blacklight, and homeless masturbators that call you by a stiff and cheeky nickname. 

Don't look for a sign, because there's just a little girl standing on the roof, yelling hilarious obscenities at passersby.  Inside, you sit on dirty footstools and eat locally foraged, inorganic trappings, topped off with flavored mayonnaise, served in a rusty hubcap.  Their signature dish is deconstructed gravy, salted beyond consumption, thrown at you by three surly waiters with handlebar mustaches. 

The drinks are all grass-derivatives, strained through a bandanna found on a MARTA bus, and mixed by a one-eyed Cher impersonator.  Instead of glasses, they're served in a broken lightbulb.  On the weekends, DJ Splashdazzle spins records on a hand-cranked turntable, wearing only a sequined Speedo.  He should wear more clothing, but you won't want him to after you have the house shot...A Roofie.  "What's that?" you ask.  Its that thing when you order a drink, and someone spikes it, and you wake up in the alley with no shoes, wondering why you have a tracking collar, and a new tattoo. 

Schism is only open on Saturday nights, from 9pm to 9:30pm, and then from midnight to 7am.  Reservations recommended.

I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity but they've always worked for me.

Offline TJ1539

• Human
  • Last Login:
    Yesterday at 07:48 am
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2017, 03:56 pm »
Any idea what's going in next to Emerald City? I had heard it's recently been leased.

Offline simpson383

• EAV Insiders
  • Human
  • Mrs. Penultimate Man
  • Last Login:
    Yesterday at 07:12 pm
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2017, 05:40 pm »

I actually lolíd several times.  |:)|
Son, I'll give you four cents each for them vanilllla wafers.

Offline chinpokemon

• Human
  • Last Login:
    Yesterday at 07:52 pm
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2017, 08:02 pm »
Did anyone else read that in Stefon's voice (from SNL)?
"The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care."

Offline Glow

• Human
  • Last Login:
    Today at 04:40 am
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2017, 08:31 am »
 *:)* that was AWESOME!  Thanks for the laughs.  I read it out loud to my family in between gasps of laughter.  And yes, Iím Stefanís voice. 

Offline pencilicon

• EAV Insiders
  • Human
  • It was like that when I got here.
  • Last Login:
    May 07, 2018, 03:28 pm
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2017, 03:08 pm »

Well done Sir!

Offline katherine77

• Human
  • Last Login:
    Today at 03:11 pm
« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2018, 01:55 pm »
Well, it's not as good as Schism, but Banshee will have to do.

https://atlanta.eater.com/2018/2/9/16993774/east-atlanta-restaurant-named-banshee

Offline HelenB

• Human
  • Last Login:
    May 19, 2018, 12:55 pm
« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2018, 09:44 pm »
HAHA!!  Banshee has been my nickname since I was in the 8th grade!!!
Don't let nobody steal your joy!!!

Offline Andreas

• Thread Killer
  • EAV Insiders
  • Human
  • Sing while you may.
  • Last Login:
    May 20, 2018, 08:07 am
« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2018, 01:26 am »

May want to change your passwords ;)

Offline Eurotrash

• Human
  • Last Login:
    Yesterday at 06:57 am
« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2018, 06:42 am »
Late spring opening=a little optimistic.  Although it could be possible given that everything is already in place.  Either way I'm looking forward to it. 

Offline HelenB

• Human
  • Last Login:
    May 19, 2018, 12:55 pm
« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2018, 10:09 am »

I'm blond but not stupid.  Actually I am no longer blond...
Don't let nobody steal your joy!!!

Offline Andreas

• Thread Killer
  • EAV Insiders
  • Human
  • Sing while you may.
  • Last Login:
    May 20, 2018, 08:07 am
« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2018, 10:18 am »

I'm blond but not stupid.  Actually I am no longer blond...

Got it, you changed it to NotBlondeBanshee123