Author Topic: CoA Film Permit Jurisdiction  (Read 273 times)

Online andrew

• Human
  • Last Login:
    Today at 03:20 pm
CoA Film Permit Jurisdiction
« on: February 01, 2018, 08:16 pm »
If anyone's driven down the southern end of Brownwood Ave since yesterday, they would have seen the entire east side of the street, from Ormewood Ave to Hillwood Ct, lambasted with orange cones and no parking signs. From Friday through Tuesday, they're going to be filming a CW show in the neighborhood.

I've received several notices about this taped to my door, that state what's going on, and that they have a permit with the City of Atlanta to film. But the thing is, the City of Atlanta doesn't extend as far south as the the streets they're blocking off, so they're technically prohibiting parking within Unincorporated DeKalb.

I don't know anything about film permitting, and I don't want to make a big stink about this, as it's likely to inconvenience me very little, but am I correct to assume that a City of Atlanta film permit should not be preventing parking on streets in Unincorporated DeKalb?

Offline MRice

• EAV Insiders
  • Human
  • Last Login:
    Yesterday at 12:38 pm
Re: CoA Film Permit Jurisdiction
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2018, 09:53 pm »
All I can say is that when we file the permit for the Strut, we are required to list in writing the streets that we are closing and also to provide a map. I imagine getting a film permit is similar, but would also guess the person applying and the person granting probably didn't realize they were on the Uni DeKalb border.
"Shrimp are too eager to leave the sandwich."